1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Trip - 9

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Dec 28, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

I activated my wiper to its maximum speed. Now the wiper shattered away the rain drops with its full strength. I kept the head lights off. I could hear my wife breathing heavily. She was clasping both her hands together as if she were praying.

I ignited my machine it moved a bit and I could see that SUV also moving a little. I understood that they were playing with us a cat and mouse game. They had the confidence they caught us. So they were in a mood to have a little fun with us it seemed.

I drove my car backwards and it might have confused them as they might have thought that it would be useless of us to take that move. I drove about hundred meters back and then drove it to the front. I could see their car in their head light and I drove fast aiming at their car. They too might have calculated what might be my next move and they drove towards us with their maximum speed.

I clearly understood that there would be no use in hesitating. It was our do or die situation there. If we hesitate to act we could end up dying there. I started speeding up. I imagined the scenes which I have seen in some movies and decided to do that in my real life.

“Uff…Oh God!... I am not going to do this in my life again…. Ever again…..” I thought.

“How is it going to feel like, D?” My wife asked me. “What was that present in her voice? Was it fear or excitement?.....” I kept thinking while I drove my car towards the SUV.

Both the vehicles were nearing with maximum speed. When I came approximately closer, I turned the headlamps on and I guessed it might have disturbed their concentration and I just turned my car just a little and it caused a relatively heavy bump on the right side edge of their car. My car lost its control and definitely theirs too. Since mine was a calculated move and they least expected such a stupidity from me, I could control my car well and they couldn’t. Their car ran off the road a bit and I knew that it would be just a deviation for them and surely they would come looking for us.

“Do you have any idea what would they try to do to catch us other than chasing us like this?” I asked my wife.

“I don’t think they would go for any other option to catch us…. Because this is the best they could do…. This is their place and they might know each and every possible hideout here…. They might even have the support of the local police here, we don’t know….. Sometimes they may ask for their help too….” She said thoughtfully.

“It’s 1.45 AM now and we must try to reach the town before dawn…. It seems that we can make a phone call from there only… Drive fast….” She added.

The road was abandoned and no streetlights. It was very dark and the rain showed no sign of slowing down. We were rushing in the main road and I was wondering why there was not a sign of a human living. It was a perfect example for god forsaken country. My wife seemed to pray again.

“How beautiful this place looks at the day time…. I had no idea it hides such a terrible story to tell at night….” She was wondering.

“Absolutely…” I said with my concentration fully on the road.

The road seemed to have no end and I was very tired and exhausted. I could hear the call of my stomach and I really needed to eat something desperately. My eyes were tiring and I was longing to have a very long and nice sleep.

“Do you feel hungry da?” My wife asked me.

“Yes….very much… How do you know?” I asked her.

“Because I also feel hungry….” My wife said and her voice was so tired.

“Don’t worry. We’ll reach the town soon… I have a positive feeling regarding this now…” I said with confidence.

“They will find us soon…. Though I feel courageous sometimes, I am feeling butterflies flying in my stomach….” She told.

“It’s our need to escape from this situation alive and we’ll struggle for that…. Haven’t you heard of the term “survival of the fittest”? We need to survive in this test and must prove ourselves to be the fittest….” I was very firm.

All of a sudden we felt a bang at the back of our car and we ran off the road a little. But I took control of it soon. I could understand that they had applied the same trick we used against them some 45 minutes ago to out beat us. I also understood that they wanted us alive. This gave me much confidence. I saw a man from that SUV coming towards our car.

I closed my window panes completely and my wife too. We locked the door and I took a deep breath. Seconds passed and I heard somebody knocking at my side of window. I didn’t respond initially. I showed no sign of hearing him knocking. This might have irritated him a little. I heard him knocking very hard on the window that time.

I gathered all my courage and decided to face him. I kept my face calm and hid my tension and fear. Without opening the door or lowering the window glass, I shook my head in the way as if asking him what he wanted.

He didn’t answer me. Instead he showed a sign with his fingers to lower my window glass. I slightly lowered the glass. He was standing there staring at us.

“What’s the matter?.... What do you want?” I asked him rudely.

“Get out of the car…. I need to talk to you….” He too showed no friendly attitude.

“This is my car and I will decide when to get out of it….. No one orders me….” His rough order really provoked me.

“Oh… Really?.... But here only my order will go and it must be obeyed no matter how big a person you are…..” His voice changed to its threatening form.

He tried to open the door by putting his hand into my car violently. I didn’t hesitate a moment. I opened the door suddenly and gave a strong punch on his face with my folded fist. He must be least expecting such a move from me and he fell flat on the wet mud road.

I didn’t waste a single second to start my car and flew away from there. I knew that I have increased the risk factor. The road was very muddy and the over pouring rain disturbed my speed. But I expected them behind us every second.

“This should not be promoted further….. We must do something…..” My wife said. She must have fed up with the chase and run game. I also thought that it was time to put an end to everything. I thought it was high time we reciprocate.

The road was full of pits and mud. There were no street lights any where. There was darkness persisted everywhere. The heavy down pour ruined everything. I could have a dull view of a pocket road some 50 m away. I turned the car in that road and drove inside. I parked it and looked for the time. It showed the time as 2.34AM. I told my wife to wait there for me.

She didn’t have any idea what was in my mind. I too thought not to say anything to her. But by that time I had a clear idea what I am going to do. I waited for a SUV to come pass that way in the darkness and in the rain.

Ten minutes passed and I could see the head lights approaching. I hid behind a tamarind tree waiting for the right time to attack. They too might be looking for us very cautiously. The vehicle neared the tamarind and I jumped to the middle of the road and started running towards the vehicle. Without reducing my speeds I just jumped to the side of the vehicle and grabbed the door knob and pulled it open pulling out the goon who was sitting on the driver seat. He came out with a high force and both of us fell on the road side. I fell flat on him and the mud covered us and the lightning struck very strongly once. The vehicle lost its control completely in the absence of its driver. I could see those who were inside the SUV were trying hard to get control of the vehicle. But they couldn’t and the car ran errand to bang on the road side tree.

I stood from the ground and ran towards their car. Within that short period they managed to get out from the vehicle and they too were ready to attack me. I decided not to wait for them to attack. So I took the first move and punched the nose of one who tried to hit me. Then there was no stopping. I hit and punched everyone who tried to attack me. I also had some punches and hits from them too. But I had nothing else in my mind other than escaping from them. I was not ready to die in an unknown place with the hands of unknown people.

I blasted them black and blue. The karate classes I have attended in my school days might have helped me a lot and above all it was my struggle for the survival. About half an hour later I was so tired so were the others. I stood in the middle of the road fully wet. The goons were lying flat on the muddy road mourning and moving weirdly might be because of the pain. I watched them once confirming whether they wouldn’t get up soon to attack me from behind. Then I walked slowly to the small road where I parked my car.

“Did you take fight lessons?” My wife asked me as soon as I reached my car. She was shocked rather astonished.

“No….. Why?” I asked her.

“I could have a rough picture of your fight…. You were fighting like a professional….. Where did you learn all these?” She asked me anxiously.

“No fight classes taken da…. But I was fighting for our survival… It was our life that mattered to me while I was fighting and I wanted to win that at any cost…..” I answered her as I entered in to the back seat of the car removing my wet and stained shirt.

Then I came to the driver’s seat and started my car and drove it to the junction where the high way and the pocket road met. I parked it there and once again came out.

“Now what?” My wife asked me holding my hand tight.

“Come on da…. We must move away before its dawn….. People may see us… or these people may again follow us…..” She added seriously.

“Wait for five more minutes…. I’ll be back soon….” I said and walked towards the goons.

I dragged them one by one to their car and made them sit near their vehicle. I could hear them mourning still over the rain sound. I looked for their mobile phones in their pockets and found three of them. Two men didn’t have their mobiles with them. But I didn’t strain myself to search for them then I turned and walked to my car. I put the mobile phones underneath my front tyre.

My wife smiled at me softly and I looked for a dry set of dress in my bag and changed it from the back seat. My wife looked at me mischievously and winked at me. The time was 3.54AM and I felt much relieved then. I removed the memory card from my mobile and put it in my wife’s mobile and kept it beneath our dresses. Then I switched on my mobile. Still there was no signal.

I started my car very relaxed though I was dead tired and was terribly in need of some food and drove it through the heavy rains and the occasional thunder and lightning didn’t scare us then.

(To be continued…..):coffee

2 people like this.

2. MeenaRamki

MeenaRamki Junior IL'ite

was worth the wait :). really good going......

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Wow, so the hero is not just a character but one who can fight like a real hero? :thumbsup Waiting to read more!

4. BhoomikaDhare

BhoomikaDhare Silver IL'ite

Ahh.. amazing narration!!! One thing in noticed in all the parts is that the main characters in this story patiently answers/explains each others questions...;-)

1 person likes this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Lovelyme my heart was in my mouth while reading this espeically when he was fighting thinking something will happen to this guy, but when i read he learnt karate got a bit relaxed...hahaha
    A real hero ehh!!
    This story is getting interesting day by day. hope you will add the next one soon.

6. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

thank you meena, sofea, bhoomika and aruna dearies for all your wonderful FBs. Ji and D will be bidding you farewell within two days as they will finish off this tiring trip soon. Keep me posted how you feel in reading my story. I am very much thankful to you for all the supports and helps you have provided me with....

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Wow, what a narration gal!
    I could really see the happenings in front of my eyes..
    waiting to see what happens to Ji and D next...

8. scottaleger

scottaleger New IL'ite

9. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

its raining here in chennai... was reading your posts.... wow... was travelling along.. good write up as usual.... waiting for the next...

1 person likes this.
  10. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you prana dear. I write the incidents only after visualising them in my mind. May be it is the reason why you too can visualize it.... Thank u.... GOD bless.....