1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Trip - 5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Dec 7, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

I don’t know how much time I slept sitting in that same posture. Suddenly something woke me up from my inside. I opened my eyes and could see nothing. It was so dark in and around. I searched for the roof light of the car and switched it on. My wife was sleeping peacefully. I just rolled down the window glass a little and the rain had subsided to the form of a drizzle.

I realized that the electricity failed and I looked for the time in my watch and it showed 10.02 PM. I decided not to disturb my wife and without making much noise I opened the door and closed it behind me without dashing it tight. I began to walk slowly by practicing my vision familiar to darkness. It was very difficult to walk and I knocked my foot two or three times on the ground.

Before I reached the entrance of the building there was that flood of light and I heard a loud roaring noise. I understood that it was the generator sound. I was worried that the sound might have woke my wife from her sleep and she might be worried for me not being there.

I entered the reception by opening the door. The nurse was not there. I saw my mobile right there she left. I removed it from the plug and my mobile was in its full charge. I put the adapter in my pocket and I inserted the memory card in my phone and switched the phone on. There was no signal for my network yet. But I was relieved that I could use it after we reached somewhere near the town.

Suddenly I saw a shadow walking through that corridor in a hurry. I had a gut feeling telling me to follow. I stood there for a second not knowing what to do. Then I started walking through that dark path. The path seemed to have no end it branched at some places and on both the sides there where rooms. But to my surprise there were no light in any of the rooms.

I walked and walked down the corridor. I felt weird and I had my instinct saying something going to happen wrong. The corridor ended at one point and it divided into two wings. The zero watt bulbs were giving very faded light.

I heard some murmuring voices in the nearby block and I followed the voices with slow steps. I felt it was stupid to go further and I remembered my wife who was alone in the car outside. But I couldn’t do that as something in me was pushing me to go further. I reached in front of a big hall where some people were standing and some were sitting on the chairs in front of that hall. Two ladies were there crying. One was an old woman and the other was young might be in her thirties.

“What happened? Why are these ladies crying? I asked a man standing there trying to take control of the situation there.

He looked at me enquiringly and hesitated to answer me for a while.

“That old lady’s son was brought here for the treatment…. But the doctors say that he died an hour before…..” He answered me.

“Was he hurt badly?” A sudden gloominess fell into my heart.

“That is the reason we have some doubts because the man was not seriously wounded.” He whispered to me.

“Now where is the body?” I asked him.

“Can I see it once?” I wanted to pay my homage to that body which was alive one hour before. I thought what all dreams he might have heard in his heart and I felt tear drops in my eyes.

“Oh…. They haven’t handed over the body to us yet…. They say that they have some more formalities to finish…..” He said. But I felt a slight note of doubt in his voice.

“They have the body still in the theatre…” He added.

“Why don’t you go in there and ask them?” I asked him. I had a strong feeling that they were doing something wrong in there.

“I asked… But they told me to wait for two more hours….” He said.

I had my instincts saying to spy on those who were in the theatre then. But at the same time I had a weird feeling of fear saying not to do anything stupid. But at last the little courage in me won and I decided to take that risk of doing a stupidity.

I asked him where could I find a wash room and he said it was some where left to that same corridor. He asked me whether I want him to join me but I told him that I would take care of that and bid good bye to him and started to walk with long steps.

I checked my mobile once again and kept it ready in my hand and reached the reception expecting that nurse there but she was still missing and I thought she might have gone to sleep expecting no one there then. I went outside and started to walk cautiously escaping from the sight of security guard as I couldn’t see him see me. I walked around the building to reach at the back of the theatre room. I could recognize it from the dull shade of light I was getting through the closed glass window. By then the rain started to pour again. I was looking for a way to get a visual of what was happening inside. The occasional lightning helped me to have a rough idea about the surrounding as I scared to switch on my mobile for a light.

I could see a pipeline going above from there and I decided to use it to reach for the ventilator. I put my mobile on its video recording mode and put that in my shirt pocket and then removed my shoes and socks. I stood on the small projection of basement and reached my legs for the pipe. As I expected it was very slippery and I looked for the clamps used to fix the pipe against the wall. I got the first one and with great effort I hung myself on the pipe getting released from the basement projection.

Could hear my heart eat and I thought of leaving from there in between. But something in me on the other hand was not allowing me to leave. I thought about my wife and worried. A mixture of emotions of fear, courage, worry, etc, was hunting me down. My pressure was shooting up and I slipped twice and with great effort I reached for the ventilator but no way I could see what was happening inside.

I was very much depressed knowing all the risk I took was going in vain. I decided to get down but suddenly had an idea. So I took my mobile out and placed it in the ventilator with its record mode on. I was not sure whether I placed the mobile in the correct place from where it could get the visuals clear.

I hung up there with great effort and the pain in my shoulder and thighs were killing me. Every second passed on like an hour. The rain started pouring violently and suddenly I heard a sound very near me……..

(To be continued……)

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Oh oh... suspense and interesting... waiting for the next post...

Shanti

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

suspense all d way.. nice... waiting for d next post... good work keep it up... :)

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Your narration takes the reader into the story....interesting.
    Is this the case of those doc who remove the parts of the healthy bodies and make business...
    Let me see what is in the next episode....

5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

OOPPSSS..... you really broke the suspense Aruna dear... but I am not really aware of tht particular docs case. I took the spark from many scandals I read n heard..... Anyways am I gud enough a story teller or a flopped one?... FB ur comments plzzz.......

Thank u so much Aruna dear, Shashi n Unique......

6. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

Interesting n Good Suspense Dear Lovelyme...waiting for the next chapter.

7. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Beatiful and thrilling...

8. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank u so much sujy n sapthu dears...... ur FBs mean a lot to me.... trust me

1 person likes this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh sorry to let the cat out of the bag lovelyme:bonk
    I have read so many incidents especially these things happen in small cities where the policeman and doc go hand in hand, might be in big cities too.
    As he was so eager to find out what the docs are doing and why the body is not given to the family so just gave a guess on that.

You are an excellent story teller......I don't think it is going to be a flop, please do continue becoz i am waiting to know what gets recorded in his mobile:biggrin2:

10. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank u aruna dear n me to waiting to know what gets recorded in his mob... :)