1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Tribute To Jayalalitha Jayaraman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by beautifullife30, Dec 6, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

I am not here to talk about J Jayalalitha – the honorable chief minister of Tamil Nadu nor am I here to tell about the scintillating, successful yesteryear heroine Jaya. No! I am here to write about Jayalalitha Jayaram, the woman who had the guts and the courage to face any challenge presented to her and be successful and shine in whatever path she choose to follow!

I don’t like politics. I hate the drama, the corruption and the nasty aftereffects that the politics always creates. Also, like most people, I realise the value of anything or anybody only after I lose them and suddenly that/ they become the most important thing to know about.

Simply said, I never bothered to know more about Jayalalitha when she was ruling the Dravidian state with her iron will. But her death seems to have created a need in me to know more about this lady. I started researching about her life, her achievements, the good and the bad, almost everything about her. It has been a not-so-pleasant read so far. Its little wonder that she has described her childhood days to be the most wonderful days of her life in one of her interviews.

A reluctant actor and a reluctant politician, she wished to be a simple and successful lawyer. Though she was unenthusiastic to take up the roles thrust on her, it never stopped her from achieving unparalleled success in whatever mantle she chose to don. Without a proper guide and even a simple task would seem to be a herculean one. To fail and make mistakes is common but to raise above all those mistakes and try again is good, to rebuild your tarnished name & gain people's confidence is indeed a GREAT task!

For a woman to stay strong and achieve success in male dominated professions is not an easy job. Right from ridiculing, name calling, you name it, she has faced it.

As an anonymous member, it is easy for me to talk about equality and women's rights in a public platform. However, it's another thing to go out there and face the discrimination and rise above all that. For that, I salute this great lady.

May her soul find the peace and happiness that was missing in her life! RIP Amma!!

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

salute to her as a powerful and strong woman....RIP....

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

bharathi-images.jpeg

IRON LADY'S LIFE IS A REFLEXION OF THIS POEM.
    PROFOUND RIP FOR OUR IRON LADY

4. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Nice write up!! Yes,like you I too didn't know more about her until I happpened to see an old interview in a channel. Some of her sentences made me research more about her... I should say, the more I read about her, more I admired her.RIP Jayalalitha, the strong woman!!

premabarani and beautifullife30 like this.
  5. coolmum

coolmum Silver IL'ite

One of the most Charismatic leader of Tamils. Heart broken news :sob:
    May her soul rest in peace

6. lakshmikguru

lakshmikguru Gold IL'ite

A strong,inspiratiional woman.we miss the wonderful and courageous chief minister.She gave a great leadership.Never see like her again.Let we pray,her soul will reach with peace.:disappointed:

7. beautifullife30

Yes, she is one strong woman!

premabarani likes this.
  8. beautifullife30

Beautiful lines.....aptly describe her

9. beautifullife30

Yes dear, the more i read, the more i felt for her!

deepthyanoop likes this.
  10. beautifullife30

Yeah...her charisma is something everyone who has met her in person talk about!