1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A tribute to a beautiful woman who was my best friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 4, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Friendship… its a package of feelings. Nobody can make it, nobody can break it, nobody can explain it, only we can feel it….

Friendship day is celebrated in honour of friends who make our lives so special and help us give a meaningful direction to our lives.So on this Friendship day I wanted give a tribute to my best friend who has been my friend since 1957 when I was in 7th Standard and till today we are best friends though we are not in the same City. But I have treasured memories of the School days we spent together for four years and the other four years when we were not staying near to each other because we shifted to a different house in the same city. I was in Hyderabad at that time. My schooling was in Hyderabad .

When we are very close with a friend we know each other very well and are there for each other always. When the world is against us we know that our friend is there to support us. My friend was such a person. She was always there for me. She was very rich but a very simple person, down to earth, not only she her whole family were like that. .

Some things we cant discuss with our family members that time are friends give us so much support. She was a friend like that. She was my pillar of strength, without her I am not what I am today. She knows what is in my heart and help me out in everything. We never felt we are two different persons but as if we are one person. We had heart toheart bonding between us which made our friendship exclusive, setting it apart from all other relationships.

Our relationship grew day by day and till today we are in touch with each other. We used to exchange greeting cards during Birthdays and our gifts were books with thoughts, our drawings etc. As I could not afford at that time gifts and greeting cards I used to make by hand greeting cards and gifts and give it to her .Till today we have unconditional love though we are miles apart.

In 1965 I had to leave Hyderabad as my father was no more and my brother got a job in Mumbai. But our friendship continued.

I had the opportunity to attend her son and daughter's marriage. During her daughter's marriage she gave the full responsbility of whatever way I can help her and also gave her cupboard keys. She told everyone who came for the marriage about our relationship and I was made to feel in cloud nine. I also went for her son's wife's valaikappu and that time I fell sick . I had loose motions and also vomitting and her sis in law admitted me in the hospital and took good care for me. I can never forget that day. There is a big list in what all she was there with me.

A best friend is two souls in one body. Friends are the best person whom you can share your thoughts, feelings, your success, failures, secrets, ambitions in life

A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you, even when you are fooling everyone else. When we think of our lives we can compare ourselves to a string made of fragile threads, but woven together with real friends and family, we make a beautiful tapestry, that will not only endure through rough times, but that will strengthen as our bonds continue to grow with each other. Our lives are in no way about ourselves and ourselves only. What good is a light if it is too dim to brighten the darkness? What good is a life that doesn't bring any positive change or growth to anyone else's?
    A real friend can tell when something isn't right in your life, even when you refuse to let it be known, a real friend will be able to tell when your "light" is dim. Be a friend and be there for those who are in pain, be there for those who are in need, and you will always have someone there for you when you experience pain as well.- Unknown

Thank you my dear friend for your love, encouragement, kindness, trust, friendship, inspiration and motivation

These Words fall short to express the feelings….
    But they carry the sound from the strings of my Heart
    !!!!!Thank you!!!!!

10 people like this.

2. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

It is touching really. A real friendship is cherishable and memorable and only a few lucky people will have such sweet memories

1 person likes this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Hope you sent the link of this thread to your friend Vijima.

2 people like this.
  4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

I too wanted to second Anita...send this link to her...she would feel your love in this way too...

Happy friendship day mam...

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

Vathsala dear thanks for your first fb which made my day with your sweet message.

6. iyerviji

Thank you Anita dear. After reading your message I sent the link to her son as she does not know computer.But you did not tell me how my write up is

7. iyerviji

Thanks Prana for seconding Anita, after reading her message I sent the link to her son , as my friend does not know computer. Thanks for the wishes and let me know how is my write up

8. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hey Vijima

That was a beautiful tribute.. I know even your friend will like this write up... beautiful in every word.. true from your heart.. My best wishes for this great friendship...

Love
    Swathi

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Swathi dear glad you liked the post. I had sent the link to my friend's son as told my Anita and Prana and it was a surprise that she phoned and told me what I have done for you. Since she does not know computer her son sent me offline message saying she was overhelmed by the post and there were tears in her eyes .Thanks for your wishes

10. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

You made me jealous :p

Words are from heart... wonderful writeup vijima!!!

1 person likes this.