1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Stroke Of Luck!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 8, 2017.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    It is really good to read your posts again. They have always inspired me. I used to keep wondering why you had not posted anything for quite some time. Our good wishes are always with you and your family.
    Regards, Lakshmi Bhat

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi
    Thank you for your kind words. I am moved to hear that you feel inspired by what I write. Old guys like me share the lighter portions of our life with you more to derive fun through our forays into our past. I believe in an honest appraisal of my past life more as an audit of my past accounts. Not that I can do anything about my past mistakes now but feel lighter through this sharing it with you all.
    Sri

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna Glad to know u too missed me. I enquired Satch about u Sorry to know about the stroke and you had to suffer so Much. Glad you r better now But Right eye. Has affected. Finest forum was also empty without you. Viswa felt your absence along with us and nominations were less. I myself cant believe that I was also not active and now A days busy. With jewellery making You are always in my prayers. May God bless you .and bring you to normal soon

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I usually avoid posts on health, mortality and melancholy, and other sensitive bearings of life because I had realised long ago that I'm inept at grasping frail and delicate aspects of human existence which rightfully deserve a solemn contemplation. As a teenager, I once blurted out, as you arguably put it, good points on appendicitis to which an aggrieved mother of my hospitalised friend duly sent me out of the ward citing lack of sobriety, seriousness or other s-words in my unruly personality. So, I am very wary not to upset anyone on "fragile" matters of life. However, your humour and upbeat nature has lured me to reply to this one as well which if rendered in a pensive and staid tone I would have avoided.

There are very few people who battled out such trauma and cheerfully returned to put a smile on everyone with the musings and moniker of a brand-Stroke patient. I don't know if it's the earnest prayer or the timely intervention or the medical advancement or stroke of luck but I'd like to believe it is your wit and zeal for life that had won over the insurmountable adversities of life. Good to see you tapping away with a single finger with the might of an aye-aye's middle finger. I usually skip clichéd get-well cards, nonetheless, no one is more eager than I am for you to recover the vision of a legendary eagle that aims at a target from a 1000 ft. What say?

vaidehi71 and shyamala1234 like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Iravati

Dear Iravati
    I have my right index finger intact and functional but my right eye continues its non cooperation like the Opposition party in the Indian politics! But without them politics will be boring! While I thank you for your kind concern, I will refrain from giving a long feedback to this one knowing your sensitivity to such subjects.
    Sri

shyamala1234 likes this.
  6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I might be late to respond to your come back snippet, but I told myself to do it today! Your snippet though in your usual witty style, made absolute sense in conveying your positive approach towards life, tells what a fighter you are to kick that stroke out and bounce back!

While I read your snippet, I couldn't resist thinking about Mrs.Cheeniya, about what she would have gone thro' mentally and physically to fight along with you and get you back.

Thank you for coming back and taking the time to write this snippet and many more. Trying to draw some positivity for myself from your post!

PS: Mistakes I saw none that my little brain could find, except for a couple of typo which I fixed with absolute pleasure :)

Srama and ashima10 like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Induslady

My dear Malathi
    You are one of the main reasons for my fast recovery and getting back to action! More than my ailment, staying away from IL for nearly six months made my plight miserable. You know how much I enjoy being with the ILites! Thanks a lot for all the nice words of encouragement. My wife had indeed faced more trauma than me during my hospitalization. Whenever I need to talk about my health, I go to her but she chides me saying that she too needs respite from my doleful mood.
    Sri

Induslady likes this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya,

TD; LR: My longer posts are not indicative of my indulgence nor are the shorter posts my indifference.

I prefer to err on the side of caution so that I don't upset anyone on humane matters. For a long time I suspected that my one side of the brain is de-sensitised and misbehaves unapologetically to the “serious” shifts in life. As my mom puts it, when will you start to get “all serious” about life, to which I resolutely answer back, “what do you mean by getting serious”. I know for sure you understand what I am saying.

I believe that soft laugh on the blotches of life keeps the blues away.

One of the science writers I enjoy reading is Peter Medawar. How can one not enjoy the writings of this man whose autobiography is called "Memoir of a Thinking Raddish".

Your spin on your health reminded me of him. When I read your post, I was “Zut! Cheeniya, you not only have the last laugh but you are the laughter all the way in your reflections on life which leaves no scope for dour interference.”

vaidehi71 and shyamala1234 like this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Cheeniya! For once your deep blush is visible through your grey beard! Don't tell me that you still have the capacity to blush?
    Cheeniys: How can one not blush if he is told,

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear CS

It was so nice to see you back. I know I am late as I to was not in IL for a few months. Dont know to feel sad or laugh at your experience that took place with you. But after reading your post i can grantee you that even a dead man will get up from his grave to have a good laugh.
    The way you write sad moments that took place in your life, into happy ones, not creeping over what happened but making that part of the life as the funny moments, only you can do it.
    I still have so many threads of yours to read will do it slowly. Welcome back missed reading your threads.