1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 19, 2012.

1. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Wish you a speedy recovery. May god help you in ur tough times.
    :hatsoff to ur hubby for his constant support and love for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Oh my God Satchi...i had no clue at all about this situation of yours..Only today I was browsing actively in IndusLadies and what do I see here???!!!

How are you doing now sat chi?? I was really unaware of this situation..my God ..9 surgeries..dont even want my worst enemies to be in that situation..i am glad you are back but also concerned whether you are getting the adequate rest thats actually required. I know you are a strong lady but at the end of the day , we all are humans right?
    And really hats off to your sense of humor even when you are in ICU suffering with pain...tek care..

And now only thing that's bothering me is some of our online friends could have made me aware of this...what a real dumb i am !!..really feeling bad for not enquiring when you came the other day for chat...

1 person likes this.
  3. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

Awesomeee you are !!! umahhhh :)

1 person likes this.
  4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

You are indeed an Iron Lady. Inspite of all you went through in those few days you cheerfulness hasn't subsided. I have said it before, am saying it again. There are lots of things to be learnt from you. I hope your health is back to normal again and you get plenty of rest. Hats off to your BH. I was amazed how you consoled your BH when you are the one to be said courageous words. Sorry that you had to go through all these, but also happy that you are out of it now.

Best Wishes
    ILT

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear ILT. If I was courageous, it was also because of the tremendous love, affection and support I got from all my friends at IL as well as those around me. :-D

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

wow satchi !
    thank u for sending me the link for this post and making me have faith in the healing power of love again !
    u r really a very strong person to undergo all this with a smile and hope. i agree that the strength to go on in life comes from the love of our close ones and u r blessed to have a good support system of ur husband and friends . i am a inter religion marriage and although neither me nor my husband are christian we both also love these verses. i just pray that we are able to fulfill the vows when time comes, its a dream to have a caring spouse who stands by u but its even imp to be the caring and considerate spouse u want . your post not only strengthens in faith but also gives a insight into how to to be a caring spouse , sometimes deeds are more imp than words ,i just hope to have the strength to stand by our vows.
    my prayers and best wishes for ur speedy recovery .god bless u and ur husband , always :)

1 person likes this.
  7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    May God shower his choiciest blessings for good health and peace on you and yours. Such a wonderful piece of writing. Sorry to hear of all the hardships you had to go through. Its you who could be so quick with a blog about your sufferings and be humorous, insightful and find the bright side in all of it. Kudos to you for your mental strength, kudos to your upbringing to face the hardships stoicly. May your father be at your side always egging you on, believing in your strength and your spouse who is indeed a true valentine be a pillar for you to lean on. Sorry that i havent been on IL in quite a while, I couldnt be there to pray for you earlier, but I will add you to my prayers from today!.. Cheers sweetie,
    Aparna

1 person likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Now it is my turn to ask you 'How did I miss this one?'. :)

I know I am weeks behind in wishing you a speedy and full recovery from the surgery but still I will wish you that. I hope you are completely pain-free now and well on your way to your original healthy self. Your courage in the face of repetitive surgeries and your stoic acceptance of your health challenges sure undid me. I am so happy that you had a good man by your side who held your hand when you needed his strength. Please give my best regards to your DH. God bless you both Satchi.

1 person likes this.
  9. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi maam,
    First of all, I wish you a speedy recovery. 9 surgeries! its really a whopping number yet you are an inspiration and hats off to your optimism levels! Its an excellent piece of writing that reflected not only your flamboyant writing skills but also your personality. I was able to visualize the scenes in the hospital. Believe me , it's your DH who would have suffered intense pain than you. This is the ultimate and fitting tribute to true love!

With luv,
    Gayathri

1 person likes this.
  10. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi.. Thanks for the finest post compitition, I got a chance to read your Nice & long snippet.. and got a new meaning to Valantine.. "This was what Valentine's day was all about. Keeping up promises. Living out one's promises", This is pretty true..

1 person likes this.