1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 19, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi......

What a post dear........!!!!

You have poured out your heart.......!!!!

I admit........it is a "Treat"......an awaited treat for me........!
    I was waiting eagerly for this lovely one....which was on the way ......and this post, is sweeet surprise........earlier than I expected.......!

I could feel ......

Your love and your DH's love to each other......
    Your courage and maturity in facing life.......
    Your unbeatable sense of humour......
    Your passion to write.....
    Your conviction , that your father would be there for you.....
    Y
    our father's care..........
    Your bond with us.........

I could see.....

The child in You......
    The adorable "BH" in You.....
    The compassionate lady in You....
    The affectionate friend in You.......
    The strong soul in You.....

Oh My........!! Oh My......!!!

And this post is coming out from an I.C.U.....!

From an adorable, bold lady, with a strong will.......
    But, she is not always stiff or stern.....
    She has a continuous supply of love and compassion....to shower upon all the souls.....be it a bird.....or a plant.....or a butterfly.....or a dog.....or other humans.....who she has not seen.....not heard to.......reaching out to hearts in the remote corners of world.....

Lots of wishes and prayers dear Satchi......!!!
    You are Amazing.......Just the way You are........!!!!!

May you listen to the advice of Doctor, and not strain yourself much......and come back soooooon........!!!

Fit as a Fiddle......Bringing Music to all of us here..........Touching, soul-stirring Music........!!!

No Hurry..........We will wait.........!!!!!!!

3 people like this.
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sats,

Good to see you back.(firstly, please let me tease you a little by saying ", hey, that was really quick. A hearty welcome back but you really did not give us a chance to miss you". LOL)

Seriously. who wants to experience the feeling of missing you.? Your presence here affirms to me the fact that all is well in our snipetting corner.So relieved to hear that you are okay .Hope you get back to normal really soon as well. ( crib to me about the food in the hospital and I will be assured that you are purrrrfffectly back to normal ) Just keep up that spirit of yours and I am sure you will do well. God bless you both.!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sachi,
    What a brilliant write up!!!Your writing made me to feel the pain you have undergone and I really bow down to your willpower and your courage. This is real way of spending the ' Valentines day .
    Your post made me to remember this quote "
    Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength." [FONT=arial, sans-serif]A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Praying for your speedy recovery !!!
    with love
    pad
    [/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear...

Love you so much...!! Loads and loads of hugs to you...
    You are so strong mentally and thats why all these physical pain are not bothering you..

Welcome back....!!! :thumbsup

The sense of humor you have is unbeatable by anyone..

I can understand how your DH might be when you were in ICU.. This is all about love to stand with the partner whenever it is required.. God bless both of you...!! Long life to both of you with the same love..!!

Tears rolled down in my eyes when I finished reading your snippet..!! You are very very very great..!! Hats off to you..!!

Recover soon and waiting for your snippets..!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Love you so much, Dear Sats, for this "valiant" attitude of "never say die- I do have the frame of mind to fight against odds"!!
    I cannot stand those who fuss!
    ruminating.gif
    I just hate when people ask me how I went through the pain of knee replacement!! Pain, pysical or emotional, have to be borne - we have no choice.
    A close frind of mine cribs that her pain threshold is so low; I feel like giving back, then your pain is more in the mind than in the body!!

I stand a poor competitor to you - have had only 5 major hospitalizations so far & every time I get back home, I tell myself that God has more work to be done by me, in this janma.

Now, I assign you a job :) When Sabi, as per her promise visits B'lore this summer, drag her along to Chennai. If our NRI ma'm can join us too, the more the merrier!!
    Take care - I repeat this many times. Do enjoy IL -but for a few more ddays, set yourself a limit - this far &no farther!!

Lots of get well hugs. Are you looking as sweet as thus???
    fever-fever-flu-cold-smiley-emoticon-000551-facebook.gif

3 people like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Satchi happy to see the snippet queen with her witty posts.
    Tears rolled down when i read this line"I saw dad lying in my place Saw his face very clearly. It was not an imagination. No imagination could bring him so clearly to me. The only sense I can make it was he came, lay in my place, took my suffering away from me, told me all was well and went. I know I can count on him to come back whenever I want him again. I am sure there will be many who think I am totally nuts ….. but I can live with that.

I thank GOD for giving immense strength to feel it all sufferings easy.Take care satchi[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Satchi many of us write us DH but you mention your husband as BH .i have noticed this during our chat.Your BH has proved he is better half of you.convey my regards to him.Take care satchi

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

welcome back. Snippet from ICU?!!!

Husband's support is very much needed when wife falls ill and you are lucky that god has given you a good one. Admire your will power. May you both live long healthy and happy. Nice to see you active here but do take rest now so that you can spend endless time without pain sitting comfortably with your favourite computer [​IMG] . [​IMG][​IMG] our prayers are continuing for you :)

1 person likes this.
  9. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hey Satchi,

You're back!!!!!!!! :clap :clap Loads of hugs to you and a hearty welcome!!! :cheers
    I'm so glad that you are back safe and sound. My, you amaze me with your strength of character. Only yesterday, I was thinking of the saying, "Do not pray for lesser burdens; pray instead for stronger backs". And here you are now, writing and doing the same thing. Despite having bestowed you with adversities, it seems that God has given you very rare blessings - strength of character, humour, a loving family & a good load of friends.

On a side note, talking about coincidences, believe it or not, you made a guest appearance in my dream a couple of days back. I don't remember much, it being a dream, except wondering why, all of a sudden I get to meet you. :bonk:bonk(Maybe, when your dad came to see you, you took off with him to go on a little stroll and landed up in my dream :idea).

I sincerely hope you are keeping the docs on their toes by telling them that you'd write a blog on them. :rotfl

You being a veteran of post-op situations, I can't write more than to say "take care and hope to see you back sooooon in full satchi-mode". :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi...
    :welcome:wow:wowNice to see you back dear...
    At times like this we get to know who we have married a stone or a diamond and its so heartening to find that you have a diamond in your possession.....

Please convey my Special Thanks to "R ji".....

Please do take sufficient rest dear.....