1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A special Rasapodi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rajmiarun, Oct 25, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

This is the recipie given by my grandmother. She is a great cook and I love her Rasam very much. The rasam tastes so good and at night when she mixes rasam sadam and puts it in our hand, we all will have a race to eat it fast so that the person who eats it first could get more. I am yet to try making this podi. Infact, the secret could be Kai Manam also but still I want to share the secret behind the rasapodi with you all.

Ingredients:
    1. Red Chilli - 1/4 Kg
    2. Dhania (coriander seeds) - 1/4 Kg
    3. Milagu (Pepper) - 50 gm
    4. Jeeragam (Jeera) - 50 gms
    5. Venthayam (Methi seeds) - 25gms
    6. Thoor Dal - 25gms
    7. Gram Dal - 25gms
    8. Asafodeita - 1/2 piece
    9. Turmeric Powder - 25gms
    10. Dried Curry Leaves - 2 cup fulls

Keep the ingredients in the hot sun for close to 3 or 4 days. Then grind it into a coarse powder.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Rajmi, i wont accept the rasa podi receipe , until i get chance to taste that (ur preparation)...........hahaha........give me one chance to prove that.....

But, my thanks to ur patti for giving u this receipe, and my regards to her .............get some more receipe from her and keep posting.........since NAMMA PATTI KAI PAKKUVAM ELLAM SUPERA DHAN ERUKKUM

latamurali

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Lata,
    Thanks. Let me tell you something I am yet to prepare that rasapodi. I prepare the one which my MIL had given me as my husband is used to it. But defnitely I am planning to make it once my current stock is over.

But you need not wait till I prepare that podi, you are most welcome anytime to come for lunch or dinner as per your convinience. If you give me notice I will prepare something good. If you come just like that it could be even Milagu Jeera Rasam with Sutta Appalam.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi rajmi,

I for one can vouch that the rasavandi from your grand mothers recipe tastes divine..because i make the rasa podi this way..but only difference is i fry each ingredient..dhania..kai porukum sudu...turdal until it emanates that fried smell, ..... and coarsely grind it in mixie..i make small quanitities only...just blog all recipes yaar...so that i can compare...

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Rajmi,

When convenient can you post a recipe with pachathakkali? I have eaten a pitla long ago, taste still lingers. Could never recreate that magic. Also, any special vatahlkozhambus, please. I am the recipe monster. I will try almost any and all recipes. No hurry, good work- your blogs all over.

6. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,
    Even as I was reading the recipe I could smell that it was going to be THE RASAPODI.
    I will make it and see.Thank you dear for sharing this recipe withnus.
    love
    mithila kannan

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,
    I really wonder, how I missed the replies in this thread. I just got to see it when I got a mail in my mail box about the reply by Mithila mam. Will sure blog all the recipies that I got from my grandma. She is a real great cook. Though she is no more now (passed away last December), her cooking and hospitality are really liked and loved by everyone in our family.

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Yes Vidhya,
    I have the Pitlai recipie. Will post it soon. My grandma's pulikaichal is something really special. This Sunday, I learnt a special way of making Pal payasam from my mami which again is my Paati's style. Will post that too. Hope you will give me your feedback after preparing them.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila maami,
    Pls do let me know your feedback. I know you will love it. The rasam tastes much more good in the night. I still remember the taste. Though I have made the same Rasapodi, I can say that I didnt get that smell and taste. mmmmm Everything needs Kai pakkuvam.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Rajmi,
    I am keeping this ingredients list for my next preparation of Rasapodi as the previous one is still in stock...
    and sure to give a fb..

sriniketan