1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Simple Wrapper

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Dec 5, 2018.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Good Morning.

Please see the photo below.
    [​IMG]
    Does it look like some feather arrangement?
    I sent this photo to many friends to find out what it is. No satisfactory response was received.
    It's two pages from a Tamil magazine used by the peanut vender in Marina who gave us two hot cone shaped packets which me and husband finished in 3 minutes. There was no dustbin close to us. I just folded them, put on a towel on the sand where we were sitting and used my mobile to take a photo. I liked the colours.

It brought back nostalgia of what happened 14 years back.I thought of sharing with my friends

Very lovely indeed.
    The paper in which peanuts or anything is folded sometimes
    brings out massive changes in life.

This happened in Dec 2004 in Singapore.The couple had a daughter,aged 3.On that particular day ,the mother of the child
    bought 250 gms of'onion'( vengayam) from a Tamil shop in Singapore.She brought it home and kept onions in the basket.The child wanted the paper in which onion was folded.

She ran to her father and asked him to make a boat out of the paper.It was raining heavily.The child spent time in making the paper boat float.As she felt bored she brought back the boat, reopened and threw the paper in the mid hall. The father kept the paper inside the waste paper basket,The child again brought it back, made a boat on the folding lines.The paper again and again came to their vicinity for two more
    days.The child took the same paper again and again from the waste paper basket inspite of being scolded by her father.

The father felt something strange.He opened the paper.It was an advt reg 'AMMAAN Adoption Agency' containing address and phone number.He felt it was a divine order
    to adopt one more child.

The name'AMMAAN' was not to their taste and he thought that the agency might be from Islamic nations like JORDAN, AMMAAN etc.However he asked his wife to telephone and find out.

She was expecting someone to talk in Urdu or Hindi. The voice on the other side told "I am 'Lakshmi' speaking, that too in Tamil.The mother collected the information.Lakshmi told that it is actually 'Amman' ( Goddess ) agency and for numerology sake they have placed two AAs .

Things moved very fast. The agent told that they had a woman at their care and she was pregnant with her sixth child( a boy, as revealed from the scan).All the elder five children also were boys.They were working in Malaysia rubber gardens as labourers,that migrated from Tamilnadu long back and will not be able to bring up the sixth child and being Islamic nation family planning surgery was ruled out and proved extremely costly in private hospitals.

So the parents had willingly given a letter of consent to give the child in adoption to any good parent with good intention.

From the 6th month the woman was under the absolute health care of the Agency for keeping good health and ensure normal delivery.

On Feb 5th, 2005, a male baby, 3.5kg was born.As all documents such as 'Home study 'etc etc and all formalities of Singapore Govt were strictly observed and they were over within a month,.There was a clearance from Singapore Govt also.

On 5th Feb, the father ,mother and three year old daughter were there in the hospital to take 'their son'/ into their arms. The mother was happy when she received the new born baby first in
    her arms from the nurse.It was a normal delivery and the baby boy weighed 3.5kg.

On the 3rd day the child got Indian passport as the option was given to the adopting parents.5th day the child was brought home .The little girl got her sibling brother.

Within two days we were in Singapore, helped my daughter in bathing the baby and all other duties in bringing up the child.We were in Singapore for 8 months, taking our grand daughter to play school and back.

As he was born in 'Moolam Star' he was given the name of Anchaneya, that is sundar. ( Sundara Kandam gets his name from Maruthi's significance in the canto. ) The father is a devotee of Hanuman.

Now Sundar is completing 14 in Feb .We conducted upanayanam of our grandson in 2013 in his father's native house in Bangalore with the blessings of both the grand parents.

Sundar is of medium complexion, very happy child, Has a technical brain,.Seems to be well built for his age, nearly 5'6".He is very affectionate to his parents.

The photo above brought back so many memories.The paper is not only colourful but may also may be capable of making life colourful.

Many say that onion is a mystery and as the scales are removed one by one ,it results in nothing.But here the onion cover has brightened the future of a child and as Shakespeare remarked in Merchant of venice about the Quality of Mercy'It blesseth him that gives and him that receives,."

A small paper in which onion was folded,has changed the destiny of the child and parents too.
    Both are gifted.The child is fortunate to get a good home.

The parents feel that Maruthi took firm grounds on the wrapper covering onion, was adamant and refused to leave the house until things took a positive direction.

Jayasala 42

sln, iyerviji, sindmani and 16 others like this.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala amma,

I am in tears reading this. This incident remind me of Einstein when he told Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. Anchaneya is so blessed. You are all great souls.

VAni

Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

That’s a beautiful and an emotional write up dear @jayasala42
    God’s ways are mysterious and beautiful....
    Wish hope and pray many kids get such a loving family and a home.
    May god always bless your family with abundant happiness Nd and peace.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. jayasala42

Thank you Girvani
    Jayasala 42

5. jayasala42

Both are blessed,I would say.
    Jayasala 42

6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Such a nice write up....I am sure you are so proud of your daughter & son in law for such a great noble act.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

In a country where lot of children are abandoned in orphanages, few people are willing to give them a hoime. The obssession with "children odf one's own blood keeos prospspective parents away. It really takes a heart of gold to take such a step

8. jayasala42

Thank you Madam. When so much is talked about the greatness of 'my family blood' etc, i am very proud of my daughter and son-in-law.The child is no way different from kids born in our family.He is so smart, so naughty and so sweet.When he came to our house in Chennai when he was two, I asked him what he would like to take from our house.He innocently replied " patti,pack off this open terrace and send it by plane. We will receive it in Singapore'.I can never forget his desire and innocence.
    jayasala 42

nandinimithun, Thyagarajan and kcb like this.
  9. jayasala42

Dear Balaji,
    Thank you.It is not only the child getting home, the enjoyment of parents knows no bounds. It is mutual give and take.
    Jayasala 42

nandinimithun likes this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Aww, so sweet of him, this shows the innocence of that cute kid....Yes, he should be no different from the kids born in your family...Krishna also not born to Yasoda, but they both are known as great mother & son shared greatest bonding ever on this earth. Who says Krishna is adopted son of Yasoda? No way..... he is a son more to Yasoda than Devaki.....God always has done these kind of miracles to show us to understand and follow the real love & humanity.