1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A salute to indian female

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rohini79, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rohini79

rohini79 Senior IL'ite

Recently, as i was going through one article in TOI which tells the story of women who suffered female infanticide ,but, by God grace she lived and now working for the upliftment of females and their sufferings.Here is the story which i would like to share with u ladies....

Sunita Aralikar was buried alive by his father when she was only 16 days old after the death of her mother near Latur.She was saved by her maternal grandfather removed her out of the little grave and saw her twinkling eyes as he could not put her on the floor back.HE took her home educated her and gave her the reason and purpose of life

Today she is well known social activitist in Latur(maharashtra) fighting againt female infanticide.She is also the author of book inaugrated by former chief minister Vilasrao deshmukh

Sunita when 9 years of age when she
    came across the truth of thedark side of her life and than decided to help needy females.After surviving the infanticide she fights for social evils like injustice,dowry,eve-teasing and castism.

Now she is proud mother of two sons.

She made her life and now working for the upliftment of society.This one story gives us life and encouragement to fight against all odd even if the conditions are not favourable.

One thought rushed into mind...
    IF YOU ARE A WOMAN, BE PROUD THAT YOU ARE ONE AND CELEBRATE YOUR WOMANHOOD AND IF YOU ARE MAN,CELEBRATE HER LOVING AND BLESSED PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE......:hatsoff

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello rohini,

Really good one:thumbsup:thumbsup

Particularly this thought of yours is great:
    IF YOU ARE A WOMAN, BE PROUD THAT YOU ARE ONE AND CELEBRATE YOUR WOMANHOOD AND IF YOU ARE MAN,CELEBRATE HER LOVING AND BLESSED PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE......[​IMG]

Keep writing more.

:cheers
    Saras

3. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

:thumbsup Good post. It is always good to hear about women who actually make a difference in the society.

Keep writing.

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Very inspiring post :thumbsup
    Loved the last lines especially, wonderfully summed up!

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rohini,

Hats off to Sunita Aralikar :cheers

And thnk you for such a nice post.

Akila

6. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rohini,

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's notice. Sunitha is great in helping the womenhood. She has got her life back (Maru Jenmam!!!)...what if her grandfather didn't bring her up? Salute to her Grandfather.

I like the way you ended this post.

7. rohini79

rohini79 Senior IL'ite

thank you all..for reading and for you nice comments...i will always try to bring into pic nice things by writing...i love your comments...

thx
    rohini