1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A reflective poem

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Sharada, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Blurred Sands

Travelling on the sands of time

Footsteps are erased

By the wind

Hair across the face, hiding features

There is no mark

For a life once lived.

We rush through the day

Forgetting that

We are not here forever.

Time runs but it stops

At the graveyard of memories.

The long distance runner

Sees only the finishing line.

The victory stand

Who wins, who loses.

Does it all matter?

SHARADA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You have proved once again, Sharada!

That with an abject miserliness with words you can bring about uncomparable richness of meanings and feelings.
    The following lines hooked me on and might haunt me so long as I live:
    The long distance runner

Sees only the finishing line.

The victory stand

Who wins, who loses.

Does it all matter?

a very profound poem.
    sridhar

3. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

depth!

sharada,
    just now, browsing along ,I accidentally came across your poem; I didn't know you could write poems also, and that so well! The very first stanza ensnares the reader with its depth, while the line 'graveyard of memories' stays in memory long.Keep it up-we expect many more beautiful poems from you.
    Nuggehallipankaja

4. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Relective Poem

That was a wonderful poem! I too did not know you were a poet Sharada. I too have written poems on the same lines of thought. Very thought provoking and brief! Congrats!

5. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

abject miserliness!

The phrase that Varalotti used - "abject miserliness" amused me! Didn't know that I was so word stingy! When in the mood, and of course the right company I talk nonstop; when I sit down to write I do at breakneck speed, as if someone is holding a gun to my forehead!
    Pankaja your appreciation means a lot to me - cos you are a poet of a very high calibre. Actually in my jawaani (youth) I used to write more poetry - won a few stray competitions. After I read some inspiring poems in this forum, I tried to write a poem again!
    Thanks Sudha - I don't consider myself a "poet" - just an amateur writer who writes when the moody blues strike! Hope to see your poems on this site too!
    Sharada

6. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

a nice surprise Sharada

Dear Sharada

Welcome to the world of poetic muse. Though the poem is reflective as you called it, it has a deep melancholic tone, particulary the 'grave yard of memories' part. Usually on phone we laugh so much, this poem of yours made me ponder, if you are deeply worried about some important issues. Whatever the reason, I would want you to write one cheerful poem next- happiness and cheer being your trademark qualities.
    When one has a sensitive heart full of emotions, a receptive mind full of thoughts and is equipped with a cornucopia of words , a beautiful poem such as this is born....keep sending your poems.
    ambika

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Thanks Ambika

"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone." I seem to write better when I'm depressed/upset! - in fact I've advised Pankaja to try it too! We all have our share of anxieties and problems - despite that if we can laugh and find the situation funny it shows our inner strength and resilience. But my next poem will be a happy one - yeh vaada raha!
    Sharada