1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Ray Of Hope

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 11, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

This lady Annapoorna ,I know well.Some three decades back,she remembers feeling a sense of soul-crushing hopelessness, when she learnt that her daughter would be a down syndrome child. How her daughter's life would be like! How different her family would look upon the baby!It was totally different from what she imagined when she was carrying.

It was after all her baby.There is a reason behind God's will.As soon as she and her husband started thinking this way, anxiety, sorrow, and anger and different negative emotions were replaced by positive and hopeful thoughts. The parents ,especially the mother wanted
    to erase the figure she had imagined about a stereotypical Down syndrome child. The despair and sadness gave place to an air of peace. There was no time to sit ,think and worry.Time to act had arrived .

Archana, as the name indicates ( worthy of being worshipped)is a gift consequent on worship and prayer.She was her darling.
    Definitely she is going to reach a milestone"I will strive for it"the parents took a challenge.May be it may take a little longer but the goal is sure to reach.

The mother started appreciating the sparking eyes,rosy lips and the innocent smiles,however strange it may appear to strangers.
    Everyday was an experience to the mother.Every frustration turned to be a challenge.

Frustrations turned out to be a good stepping stone to get creative with her teaching approach. She started embracing the frustrations realized that after all every child learns differently. If one method failed,she switched over to another.When the child could not express she didn't hesitate to switch over to'sign language'.
    The rumours and gossips about the probability of the death of the child within ten years didn't deter them.She is the mother.She will not let the child go out of her hands so easily.
    'Fight and struggle till we succeed'became the unwritten law and motto of the parents.
    Did the mother succeed? See the You tube video.

I know the parents well.
    Shri Jayaram worked in SBT,Trivandrum and Mrs Jayaram runs a school for such children in Coimbatore.
    "NISH CHINTA" IS ITS NAME.
    SURELY ARCHANA IS A RAY OF HOPE

This snippet is a samarpan to all mothers like Annapoorna and all children like Archana on the eve of International Women's Day.

Jayasala 42

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala amma,

Such a wonderful post and bowing the mother Annapurna. What courage and determination she had it. I am looking up to her. Thank you for sharing this message.
    Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My daily prayer is:
    अन्नपूर्णे सदापूर्णे शङ्करप्राणवल्लभे ।
    ज्ञानवैराग्यसिद्ध्यर्थं भिक्षां देहि च पार्वति ॥११॥
    Anapurne sadapurne shankarapranavallabhe
    Gyanavairagyasiddhyartham bhiksham dehi cha parvati 11

Meaning:Oh! Parvati! Annapurna! always full, the dear consort of Sankara, grant us alms for the sake of securing knowledge and detachment.
    This Annapoorna reminds me of the prayer.
    God bless us all!

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

The grit of the parents both father and mother and the child's cooperation is very great. God bless them to continue their good work.
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

The parents dedication to their daughter’s achievements and positive approach is totally inspiring and commendable. Positive attitude and continued efforts have paid off for Archana and her parents. Hats off to both the parents and Archana. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely overwhelmed! Hats off to those parents and to that young lady. The happy smile and innocence in her face makes her look like a teenager. Am amazed at the courage of the parents and at the dignity of the daughter. Her mother was right "God trusted us with this child". What a wonderful thought! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for sharing the video as it sends a very powerful message to other parents. Courage and determination of the parents helped their daughter to achieve greater heights. I am sure she would achieve many more such accolades in future. She would be a role model for many other children with down syndrome. Every child is a gift of God and these parents set an example for many to follow.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Such a heart warming video. .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear JS Madam,
    Hats off to the parents who did a great job. Hats off to their attitude towards life. I admire them from the bottom of my heart.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:another beautiful edition of God is Archans without her there is no annam. Paripoorna aasikaludan naan.
    Thanks regards.
    God's special editions hastened up in His Lab are archanas