1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A rare get together!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

They all have been planning to meet for a long time. For one reason or the other, they couldn't. After so many days, they decided to push whatever their tasks aside and meet. To be frank, they missed each other and they were all sisters too. Since all of them were women, they were always busy in one chore or another.

One of them finally took a firm step and decided to be the organizer. She decided the date, time, venue and the arrangements. She was also the eldest. She chose a venue that was easily accessible, though for a few, it might take an hour or so. She informed it to the other members and they have agreed to make it.

The first to reach the venue on that given day, as in most cases, is the organizer herself. While she sat there nervously, wondering whether all arrangements that she made would not go futile at all, the second one came. Obviously, she is the richest of all and, for that single reason, she is flooded with calls for alms. She just had to forget them for a while to make it there. The third one has a lot of wealth, in form of assets and came a bit relaxed in the higher end version of a car which had all features, one might dream about.

The fourth came a bit late, as it was a busy time for her and she came from a remote place. Beginning of the year is always hectic for her. So many people were looking
    for her assistance that time. She has huge godowns full of crops and helped all needy ones.

The fifth one was rich enough to raise and support even white elephants and came in a grand style, followed by her pets which themselves were too good to attract many. Her pets walked at a sedate pace and so was she, to the place. She lived very near the venue, so took her liberty to come there.

The sixth, came late as she does quite a few occasions and was trying to pacify a baby in her hands. Nobody asked her an explanation for her late arrival, as all could see what she has to manage.

The seventh is the most courageous of them all and never shied away from a fight. And she always is quick to take things in her hands and ensure that there is quick progress in that.

The eighth one, being the youngest and last to come, is known to win in all areas she eyes upon and has always been much sought after by one and all.

At last, all of them were there and had a wonderful time together. They dined, played, made fun of each other and enjoyed the occasion a lot.

Finally, they arranged for a photo to be taken and had their names inscribed below their photo as well. Since it is so rare to see them all together, even in a photo, which came out so bright and livelier, the photographer made several thousands of copies, after getting their permission and is still selling them. Infact, you may even have one of those photos in your pooja room.

Their names are below, in the order of their appearance above:
    (1) Aadhi Lakshmi
    (2) Aishwarya Lakshmi
    (3) Dhana Lakshmi
    (4) Dhanya Lakshmi
    (5) Gaja Lakshmi
    (6) Santhana Lakshmi
    (7) Veera Lakshmi [also known as Dhairya Lakshmi]
    (8) Vijaya Lakshmi
    Yes. They are the Ashta Lakshmis whose blessing is what we desperately pray for.

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

wonderful connections depicted! welldone RGS!

3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! Glad to receive a first feedback from you AbhiSing. Thanks a lot. -rgs

4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Nice one rgs!!! You have narrated very well...
    Though I could guess what you were up to based on your previous posts :)

5. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello rgs,

Too good..and somehow this time I guessed about the sisters..being the 'Ashtalakshmis'.......:)

Good one there rgs..very very typical of your style!!

Cheers,

Saras

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your nice feedback Vidchakra. Am I too predictable these days? May be, I should try changing my writing style. Shouldn't I? -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback Saras. Yes. That was a bit predictable. But you are too smart too. Besides, I am wondering whether I should change my writing style as well? -rgs

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Very beautiful post :thumbsup. My eyes some how drifted off to the bottom as it was bold and highlighted, so the suspense was lost there :bonk, but loved reading it through the end :thumbsup

9. rgsrinivasan

Another lesson learnt for me. Thanks for your nice feedback Navs23. -rgs

10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

SUPERB RGS !!!!!!!!!

Loved the way you described each of the sisters !!!!!!!!!!! I could guess !!!!!!!

A joyful reunion !!!!!!!!!!!