1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Query

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Swetha52003, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I would like to know how all of you in US, purify your water. I still do the good old boiling, but I notice some white residues accumulating in the vessel which is not so pleasant in taste. Google told its the calcium content in the water. Some one told me about the purifier, but is it completely safe, I mean can we drink it straight without boiling? Would appreciate some inputs.
    Regards,
    Swetha

2. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Tap water is good in US. It has to undergo frequent quality checks which is far better than bottled water. My friends give the tap water to the 1.5yr boy and it is perfectly fine. If you still have doubt you can use countertop filters like brita or pureit.

RashmiRocks likes this.
  3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

We drink tap water and use it for all our cooking. The only water purifier I use is the one installed in my fridge - for ice water (I don't drink ice water often). If you don't prefer the tap water, there are tap attachments or water jugs (Brita) that use a filter.

There are regulations placed on tap water by the US govt (Environmental protection agency - EPA) to maintain its quality. It is even safer than bottled water, because bottled water is not regulated by EPA.

Gauri03 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Was having the same doubt!

5. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

10 years and drinking tap water. no issues.

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry but I Think you haven’t read properly . OP is asking about US and not in India . Heard in US many drink tap water and it’s safe unlike India .

7. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I am in US in State of Massachusetts. Here it is mandatory to have clean safe drinking water in every tap you have in the house. There are certain towns in US too which do not have safe tap water and there, local government gives credit to buy drinking water e.g. Flint, Michigan where lead in water was found to be at all time high making it unsafe for consumption. Same applies for some towns in San Diego area (again a hear-say no personal experience)

When I was in India it was always/is filter water or boiled and strained water.

8. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

If a country like USA faces trouble for safe drinking water then India should be exempted for it. Apart from initiatives by the government we too should take measures in avoiding water and land pollution, which in turn will help us.

Tap - Water in India is transported through pipes that were laid 100 years ago which may be rusted and leaking as well. We have many options for water purifiers available in the market
    • Table Top Water Purifiers
    • Ro Water Purifier
    • Electrical Water Purifiers
    • Non-Electric Water Purifiers
    Which can help us to get safe drinking water.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018