1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A proud day for Varlotti & for us, as well!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Nov 17, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

I feel like meeting a long lost friend in a high school reunion. I think that I have not done enough good deeds to meet you in person. And that's in spite of the fact that you came to India twice and I came to your place once. But I have started thanking God for 'small mercies' like being able to hear your voice once in a while and to read a fb like this once in a way.

I simply bow down to your opinion on my writing. When I started to write my aim was to shock the readers. To give them some explicit, shocking material but only as a package. The content will always be the sweet chocolate of love. Either it will be direct - loving and winning or indirect, like absence of love leading to failure.

Now that we meet after a long time let me share something with you. Last time when I went to Chennai I casually called my acquaintances in Viswaas Productions who made a series out of my mini-novel. It was just a courtesy call. But the Assistant Director could not contain his happiness. He invited me to the shooting spot. I said it was raining and I could not come wading through the waters. whereupon he sent a car to my place.

I was with them for the best part of the day. I could see enthusiasm in those kids (the average age was 30 and the oldest kid, the Director, was about 35) I was given a VIPs welcome. I secretly thought that this was a case of mistaken identity. I partook their simple workaday lunch.

As we were returning the Assistant Director came with me in the car. "Sridhar sir, will you please write a story exclusively for us? It should be very touching and should make the viewers cry, like what you did in Thangathile Oru Kurai Irunthaalum. I have been working on that requrest for the past 3 weeks and only today completed the story.
    But for writing I would not have met those nice kids. I would have met only overly rich individuals who want to save on taxes.

I saw the Bangalore meet pictures. Looks like age has shifted to reverse gear in you.
    Bless me Kamla that I should keep on writing so long as I shall live.

A leopard cannot change its spots. A writer surely can. Thats why I have changed my writing spot from forum to a blog. I feel that's a level playing field and I am writing about God with a focus on one of the greatest poets, Rumi.
    Whenever you feel like you have lots of time, try to read the love story of Prem and Priya, the story I concocted to elucidate Rumi's immortal poetry.

I wish you all well. May you and yours be blessed for all time to come.
    love,
    sridhar

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

congratulations

Sridhar ji
    Congratulations .....:thumbsup
    Review that too in HINDU, the newspaper which till day is a newspaper, having kept away the TABLOID tag.
    This is a recogniton for what I am your fans for, I wait for you to add your pearls to our dear IL.
    Many more accolades to you.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  3. varalotti

Re: congratulations

Dear Muzna,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. Pray to God that I should write better and deliver something worthwhile to you all week after week.
    thanks once again.
    sridhar

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

Congrats..... All the Best....

Dear Chitvish,

Thanks for bringing it to IL...

Veda

5. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasan,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes.
    varalotti

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  6. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations! So so glad...to see ur book review in 'The Hindu'. :) I kept flaunting it at home... :clapAlso the book 'A love story' was mentioned on the new arrivals section on 21 Apr 2009 in 'The Hindu'.

I am so happy for u!!!!
    Congratulations again!!! :)

7. varalotti

Dear Jaya,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. In fact even this book was mentioned in the New Arrivals Section 2 weeks earlier. I never thought that it will make it to the full review.
    I am indebted to Marimuthu of Kavitha Publication who was persistent and spared no pain to get this review.
    thanks once again, Jaya.
    regards,
    sridhar