1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A New Serial From Varalotti! Oh My God! Not Again

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 10, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Yes, ladies I had promised to do a serial simultaneously with Ponniyin Selvan. And I failed to deliver on my promise.

I was ready with the story line and even the first three episodes. But I thought nobody would notice. Nobody was going to ask.

And then Iswarya Devi raised the issue.

And now ladies, there's no way you can escape.

And so the show opens on next Thursday, 16th December 2010 when Markazhi the month of Andal is born.

And you know December is Music season in Chennai. So this new serial will be on Carnatic Music.

And there's music even in the name

THE LOVE SONG

The story-line, the characters, the plot, the theme...

Having waited so far another 144 hours would not make a big difference, right?

Seek your wishes, blessings and above all your support.

And let me assure you Ponniyin Selvan would continue as usual (though I have not got the kind of support I expected from you)

And yes please do pray for me

sridhar

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Looking forward to the new serial.

All the best and may their be huge feed back as expected!

Also waiting for your reply in PS 13 & 14.....hope you don't forget that in your other commitments.

3. varalotti

Dear bas,
    thanks a lot for being the very first to wish me on this venture.

Don't worry, I will never forget PS replies. Normally I do it on Friday nights and Saturday mornings.
    thanks once again,
    love,
    boost

4. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Hello Sir,

This is the first time i am commenting on your blog, although i have followed every blog and story. I have been sort of silent follower of your stories. I have even read all your old stories from the Short stories forum. It is a great pleasure to read your stories and Ponniyin selvan is a great work done by you. For people illiterate in tamil(like me, although being a tamilian), it is a great oppurtunity to get to read this wonderful literature. I mentioned about the book and you to my mom(she is 56 yrs old) and she praised both the book and you(although she is not on indusladies, she reads anathavikatan). I am coaxing her to join indusladies so that she can read the english version of it.

Thanks for your stories and please keep them going. Looking forward to them every week!

Best wishes,
    aquarian80

5. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Sridhar, That is great to know you are starting a blog on Carnatic. I will be prompt in my FB unlike what i did for PS.
    Will pray for your success. Looking forward to your new blog.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

6. aashimom

aashimom Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you very first time though I have read all your stories/serials. I have been silent reader till date but when I read your comment "though I have not got the kind of support I expected from you" in this blog I really felt sad and guilty. I am a big fan of your writing but still didn't give any praise in writing. Sir It is a great pleasure to read your all stories (especially those which had love stories means all stories :)). Your simple language makes them more interesting.

To be honest I did search IL many times for this untold story and wanted to ask you but thought I never ever interacted to you then how can I ask this? But thankfully Ice raised this issue...

Now Looking forward to the story and all the very best for the same. You are rocking Sir :)

With lots of wishes
    Vannu

7. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Whatever you take up, whether you receive much response or not, it is a fact that Mother Saraswati is guiding you.

What else do we need? So, carry on without stopping. Your regular readers are always out there (some expressing their feelings, some not-but they are there all the same).

All the very best.:thumbsup
    Nice Day
    Shail

8. varalotti

Hello aquarian80,

thanks for the warm response. I am really thrilled to know that you have read all my writings here in IL. In fact I have kind of deposited all my writings in IL so that it available in one place.

Convey my namaskarams to your mother and ask her to join this wonderful community.

And thanks again for the kind wishes. I am sure you will be with me during this serial which will be on a musician.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Meenakshi. Only after starting to write the story did I realise that my ignorance in Carnatic music is much more than in software (I Love You Serial) or silk saree (Love cubed). So don't expect anything more than an okay story.
    thanks a lot for your prayers.
    looking forward to meeting you soon,
    Love,
    sridhar

10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thanks uncle.
    We have a lot to learn on time management from you.

Am sure the story will be exciting.

Raji