1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A 'mother's day' special...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, May 10, 2013.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Mindi.. my dear.. you are really great.. here where people are raving and praising their OWN mom you have in your natural simple way opened everybody's eyes by taking this mother's day to another level and wrote about the "other" mom in our lives!!!...
    I think in these few lines you've summed up all the classical grievances that new DIL's may have... and once this universal truth is accepted may be life will be easier for many..
    as usual you are unusual!!!
    kerman

2 people like this.
  2. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

my dear Mindi,

I am sure had your mother-in-law got a chance to write snippet, she would have written about her wonderful
    Daugherter-in-law Mindian for sure.
    You as well definitely deserve credit for the awesome bonding between both of you.

Love
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey balajee,

You are absolutely right. I couldn't have summed it up better. her practical approach to many situations really helped 'senti' me to deal with life and all that it offers better :))

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I feel you are a very blessed soul and so is your MIL.

thank you, Viswa Sir. :) I realize that I am indeed very blessed to have a lot of loving people in my life and thank Him above for the same.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey kelly,

Mindi.. my dear.. you are really great.. here

no yaar I am very ordinary.:hide: I have wanted to write about her for a long time now and see, there was so much to write about her. LOL

I think in these few lines you've summed up all the classical grievances that new DIL's may have... and once this universal truth is accepted may be life will be easier for many..

Yes that is ME ...candid and frank as always. There is good and bad in all of us and I firmly believe that.I hope to see only the good and ignore the rest... thereby making life good for me. See ,there is a selfish reason behind it. LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhavana

I am sure had your mother-in-law got a chance to write snippet, she would have written about her wonderful
    Daugherter-in-law Mindian for sure.
    You as well definitely deserve credit for the awesome bonding between both of you.

that was so sweet of you. :) thanks dear :cheers

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Lovely post Mindi...simply I like this post...

I become very tired of hearing sob stories about MILs...here comes the sweet story..

Yes, what you said is true..Feel MIL as MIL, DIL as DIL...

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks My dear Prana.

.simply I like this post.
    that simple comment from you made my day dear. thanks:):cheers

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindz,

That's a cute post and now I understand your DH's sense of humor... Pocket diary......capitalism.....and both the sisters talking about their kids at the same time....I am grinning now ( it is night here and i am reading the post from my phone )and my spirits are lifted .....
    Monthly anniversaries ....your first anniversary.... Made me salute her...
    Your perspective and clarity about the relationship made me salute you....
    The suffering of your Mil and her words during those tough times made me awestruck . ..
    A great Mindi post....as always

1 person likes this.
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Bhargs,

That's a cute post and now I understand your DH's sense of humor... Pocket diary......capitalism.....and both the sisters talking about their kids at the same time....I am grinning now ( it is night here and i am reading the post from my phone )and my spirits are lifted .....

Glad you found it funny too :cheers I found it really very funny and yes you are right. DH must have got it from her :)
    Wow bhargs I love the way you analyse my post and attribute me with qualities I really don't know if I possess :) Frankly It was just aflow of my thoughts :)
    A great Mindi post....as always

Thanks dear and special tks to read it and fb through your phone.:):cheers

1 person likes this.