1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A memorable and comfortable train journey

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 10, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Train journeys our exciting and comfortable when you go by AC especially during summer. My dh's niece and nephew staying in Bangalore had booked 3 AC tickets for the grahapravesham of their dream house. While going the train was late by four and half hours. Luckily since we were in 3 AC we did not feel the heat and also our next two compartments were of 8th and 9th class students who were coming back from Bombay to Bangalore .Time passed seeing them with various activities, each and everyone carrying a mobile or I pad and also playing different games. In our compartment I could not enjoy much because they were all men. But me and my dh played cards and passed our time. In the train my sister rang up to find out whether I am comfortable but my mobile gave me problem. It was a new touch phone of Samsung given by my daughter when she came recently. I got worried and showed two, three men in the compartment but they could not do anything but told me I can use their phone. Our train also got held up in between and it was delayed. Luckily my sms was ok and I exchanged messages with my dh's niece about where we reached . Then when we were nearing Bangalore niece told me to tell them when we reach some particular station because of which I did not sleep till that station came. Later after 11 or slow I slept a little. The train was supposed to reach at 9.50 pm on 2nd April but it reached only at 2.30 a.m. on 3rd April. Niece, her husband and her son came to the station to pick us up. After reaching her house my brother in law gave his phone which was gifted to him by his daughter saying I dont use it much and simply they have spent money for this phone and told me to use it till my phone is ok.

During our stay enjoyed visiting our relatives. This time could not meet ILs except Satchi whom I met in her house but only for half an hour. She actually told me to come for lunch but we had to go to my sis in law's and another niece's house. Also my father's friend who does bhajans and we were very close to their family when we were in Hyderabad had come to Bangalore. I did not want to miss the chance and though we had problem finding his place managed to reach in the Mandap where he had come and he and his wife also were very happy to see me and my husband and were remembering my father and my grandmother.

When I went to my sister's house I showed my phone to my nephew and somehow he made it alright. Our journey coming back in the train was very good. There were two couples and one couple had one year old boy and another lady had come with her daughter. Because of the children we had good time with their entertainment. I also gifted the pearl chain made by me to the 5 year old girl. In the beginning she was very shy but later she became friendly. Morning for sometime my dh and myself were playing cards as my dh was feeling bored. During that time one vendor came with earings and hair clips. Then another lady came with bangles. The other lady told me now you stop playing and give your time for us too. Another lady she was going on buying something or other and this lady also joined her. When Pune came we bought Vada Pav and enjoyed. Since the little boy was very active and we all had an eye on him I told his mother you take out dhrishti when you go home for which the other lady told if you have salt we can take out now only. I had salt so took out his dhrishti too. We didnot know how the time passed . When the station was nearing I was worried how I will get down with the bags as we had four bags . Because of my hipbone fracture it is difficult for me to carry two bags and my dh will not allow me to carry more than one bag. Then those two gents told me dont worry we will help you and while getting down they both carried the bags and I also could get down comfortably. We took an auto and came home. Sincewe came by 3AC did not know the heat and felt as though we had gone somewhere in Bombay only. After coming home phoned my niece and sister that we reached safely.

Thanks to my dh's niece and her husband that we had a comfortable and memorable journey both ways
    I

8 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Railway journeys are always memorable. We have something to share, something to complain and the travel, if by A/ C is very smooth.
    But the experience in non A/ C sleepers or seats will give us altogether another dimension of life and we have chance to see the other side of the society, their psychology etc. Even if you don't talk a single word, we can gather so much of information.For writers it will give lot of materials to think, munch and reproduce.
    Your narration was very much interesting.
    jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  3. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi aunty,
    welcome back! It was a nice read indeed aunty..Such a lovely narration which made me feel am travelling with you..uncle and uou playing cards to pass time..nice to hear that.. So sweet! Glad to know you and Satchi meet at her residence..yours is no doubt a happy journey.. Thanks for sharing your experience aunty..

1 person likes this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty,

Replying to your thread after a long gap....You know one thing? I too travelled with you in the same train aunty. you dont believe? Yes, its true...

Because when i read your posts it was like travelling with you...
    I already seen the pictures you posted in other social column and liked it...

I was wondering why you were not frequent to IL for the past 10 days and the doubt was cleared when i see the pictures...

You create the positive vibrant wherever you go aunty, there is no doubt about it!

Hope you and uncle had a comfortable journey, take rest and come back with many sweet memories....

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks Jayasala dear for your first fb. After posting this snippet from next day my computer was not working and it started working only since day before yesterday. Glad to know my narration was interesting.

6. iyerviji

Jasmine dear glad to know you likedt he post. I was missing you in my snippets. Glad you liked the narrationand to know that it made you feel that you were with me.

7. iyerviji

Bhucat dear glad to get your fb after a long gap. First I thought you were really travelling with me in the same train. Glad to know that my narration made you feel that you were travelling with me. Yes dear we had a comfortable journey, thanks to my niece and son in law who booked 3rd AC ticket for us , otherwise because of delay in reaching Bangalore we would have felt the heat if we had to be in 2nd class and also would have been tired.Thanks for your fb and I was sad that I got only 3 fbs.

1 person likes this.