A line is a line?!...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cj1980, Dec 9, 2011.

1. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

How's everyone doing? Just wanted to let you all know that I am hanging in there, hoping, praying, and believing that all is well with me. As we have relocated to the U.S. recently, my DH is yet to get his health insurance in order...this is the holiday season and everyone seems to be away! I was very worked up for a couple of days as I wanted to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test...but without insurance it is ridiculously expensive here. So I am now forced to wait until mid-Jan to even see a doc (I will be about 8 weeks then I guess)...it was very difficult to accept but I thought about the millions of women before us who never had any medical facilities and still bore 10 healthy children! So, am staying in the positive...bought some OTC prenatal vitamins...my brown cm keeps showing up every now and then, but so far no signs of AF or anything worrisome.

I hope all is well with the rest of you...just wanted to send an update...baby dust to all the others who are TTC!

2 people like this.
  2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

carol,
    my best wishes with you dear..the insurance thing is too bad..and so much time to see a doc..have a safe and healthy pregnancy and dont strain yourself

3. lathavim

lathavim New IL'ite

Hi carol,

Congrats for the BFP!!!

Does your Dh's employer provides you the insurance?? If so then it must be active from his date of joining the work here. You can pay for the doctor's visit and later can re-imburse from your insurance.

When my DH switched his job, we did the same. Since we didn't receive the insurance card at that time, we paid for the service and we got that re-imbursed later. All you need to make sure is the start date of your insurance. Most of the employers provides insurance active from the start date of the work.

Stay positive!!

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thats good Carol. Good to see you positive frame of mind! Hope nothing stress you more now!
    Hope everything are going fine inside! Sticky baby dust to you!
    Eat healthy & take care of yourself!

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Re: A line is a line?!...UPDATE plus success story!

Hey everybody,

I apologize for the deafening silence. I had to wait almost 1.5 months to get the health insurance. I am still a bit rattled by the healthcare system here in the U.S but at least I got all the tests out of the way last week and went for our first scan a couple of days back...saw our little bean for the first time and it was an overwhelming experience! A nice strong heartbeat was great to hear too! I will be seeing the doc only in early March, but am feeling great and positive. So just wanted to update my progress.

Here's a little bit of my TTC story for newcomers or those who just need a pick me up (trust me, I know exactly how it is to struggle through infertility). For a more detailed read on my spiritual journey through this tough phase, you can click on my posts in this testimony section: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...lity/89531-christian-testimony-corner-10.html

Background: TTC for almost 2 years (feb 2009 - nov 2011). DH and I are both in our early 30s now. We had a tough time getting married against a lot of opposition (inter-faith, inter-caste, the works!) and thought post-marriage would be bliss...never imagined we would go through the sufferings of infertility.

After a battery of tests on both of us, we went to Sure Fertility in Bangalore to get our results on Feb 25th, 2011...we were told that IVF with ICSI was our only chance because I was suffering from oopause (poor ovarian reserve) and my DH had poor motility. We were told that even if we wait for 6 more months there is the danger of me running out of eggs and having to go for an egg donor! I remember both of us crying all the way back home...it was the toughest day in all the years of struggle we had experienced thus far.

I held on to God because He had promised me a child and knew in my heart that He will not go back on His word. I was praying for a miraculous healing of our bodies and a natural conception. I was afraid of the pain of assisted reproductive treatments and not to mention the financial implications of it. Yet, as month after month I tested negative, I was tempted to think of IVF/ICSI...we went for a second opinion with Dr.Malpani, who said we can try IUI 3 times before going the IVF route. In the meantime, I took the following medicines between March 2011 and August 2011:

1. Homeopathic medicines for me and my DH
    2. DHEA tablets for about 4 months
    3. CoQ-10 tablets
    4. Omega 3 capsules
    5. Wheatgerm oil capsules

Again, all the above medicines were taken in an irregular manner, all except the DHEA which I took dutifully. I stopped all these medicines around August out of sheer frustration on the one hand and almost a faith-based decision that God is going to give me the baby without ANY medical intervention.

We got a chance to relocate to the U.S in December and my DH and I were busy preparing for it. In my heart I was beginning to think maybe God was taking me to the U.S. so I can get medical help there...anyways, I planned the travel schedule around my expected AF date, which was Dec 9th. We booked tickets for Dec 16th...was caught up with shifting from Bangalore to Chennai, visa interview, shopping, packing, spending precious time with parents, and so on...until I realized it was Dec 9th and I was yet to get my AF. I usually have some brown spotting a day or two before AF, but didn't notice any this time. As luck would have it, I had a single HPT in hand from all the junk I moved from Blore! I took it half-heartedly (after 2 years of delayed periods, negative HPTs, false signs and symptoms I had no great hopes)...and there it was - my very first positive HPT in 2 years of TTC!

It has been a bit of a struggle since then because I had to fly to Boston a week later. I didn't tell anyone of the news because I wanted to be sure...in the meantime I began to spot the day I caught the flight..I was spotting all through the flight and for almost a week after I arrived in the U.S....I was on the verge of thinking it wasn't going to stick...but it did! We faced a lot of difficulties with the delays in insurance, lab tests, etc....but I knew in my heart that God will not bring me this far to let me down. I am 13 weeks along today and still have a long way to go...but I am at peace in my heart knowing everything will work out for our best.

I wanted to share this testimony with all my friends out here on this TTC forum...don't give up...don't lose hope. Your breakthrough may be just around the corner! I don't know what God has planned for each of you, but I know that when you trust Him with your all, He will never let you be ashamed.

I pray every single woman on this forum TTC will hold her little one by the sheer power and grace of God. Hope to hear more success stories soon!

P.S: Sorry for rambling a bit!

8 people like this.
  6. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Congrats cj!!! Enjoy the pregnancy..
    Loads of sticky baby dust to you.

7. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

cj ur post brought tears in my eyes!!! God Bless you girl!

I'm currently going through that endless waiting, disappointments phase & today unexpectedly got my AF....I was so shattered...was hating my life for a while but now I'm better...yes God definitely is in the process of making the "BEST" for me.

Thanks for such a lovely post...Baby dust to all ttc here!!!

8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Thank you!

9. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

WBM, I am glad that my testimony lifted your spirits up. Hang in there...your day will come!

10. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Re: A line is a line?!...UPDATE plus success story!

Hiya CJ,

Congragulations and Celebrations are in order..!!!!

just a quick qn..were these medicines advised by your gynaec or are they something that you recommend as part of TTC efforts....