1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Letter

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Smileyshravs, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]
    Letter……….

What is a Letter?

Is it just a Paper?

Is it just a time pass to send to a person?

Do we have any feelings while writing, sending and reading?

Does anyone wait for a letter?

Letter….

I think and I feel.. Letter is not just a paper..

It has only few words but that words has many feelings like love, caring, excitement and more..

Many days before.. A Letter was sent by a Bird.. When I got to know this.. I was very excited.. How can a bird recognize the person to whom we have to sent..

Later on..

It was sent through a post man…

I heard a lot about Letters.. Like…

People were very excited and eagerly awaited for Postman and for the day he will bring Letters…

When the postman arrives…

They were excited and scared to listen the names on the postcard.. Because.. for some people.. it will be good news and for some.. it will be bad news..

People, who received happy news, sends reply (again in a postcard) and who received bad news sends the reply with consoling comments…

Whatever it is.. It’s not just a paper..

It has information and it is a communication which brings the persons close together...

Later on.......

Telephones……

When the telephone came.. Everyone was excited by knowing the information very quickly.. By seeing each other in phones, laptops.. Talking many hours.. Etc

But…

We forgot the truth that… We missed the most awaiting moments, excited moments which were beautiful memories…

We missed the caring and loving that can be seen in the words..

We missed the joy that we feel after receiving the letter..

We missed the Sweet memories which we gain by writing/receiving a letter...

My own Experience:

I know a father and daughter who still writes letters..

Even though they talk to Phone, they never missed in writing the letters..

Mother always used to criticize them.. “Even though we have this much technology.. You people still write letters.. I don’t understand you both..”

Then Father replied that.. “I know.. But.. Emotions can be known through a letter rather than a phone call.. I taught her this only”

She writes letters at least once for 15 days.. And she receives the letters from her dad as well..

(I got shocked by knowing this.. But I realized the value of a Letter.. I felt happy for them.. Because they got habituated for that.. And I felt Sad too.. Because.. I don’t have that habit...)

So.. Guys.. what u say about the telephone and a letter…….. (I am not criticizing the technology.. I want to tell the emotions, with a letter..)

Thank You Guys.. Please comment on this Part..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    satchitananda, Raniz, jskls and 8 others like this.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

There was a famous song (sung by many groups) about a letter from a friend... Here are the beatles.

The Marvelettes sang that first:

periamma and rgsrinivasan like this.
  3. Smileyshravs

Thank you for the information Nonya.. I haven't seen these videos till now..
    Thank you so much

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Nice thoughts on Letters .
    Who says its just a piece of paper ! A letter carries part of the person writing it . It freezes a moment in time and keeps it forever , to be read and reread diwn the years . Great plays , novels and poems have been written, centered on Letters .

Smileyshravs likes this.
  5. Smileyshravs

Yes Susila.. It is not just a Paper.. I feel the same.. Thankyou for the Comment dear

6. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Thanks for writing such a beautiful snippet on letters. Yes, letters carry emotions with them. They create long lasting memories. When I was young we used to get letters and my grandma still has a small trunk in which she has stored some letters many are from her daughters. The smell from these old letters carries us to those days and rekindles our memories. Nice Write UP..Keep it up.:)

Love
    Teenu

Smileyshravs and sindhugowtam like this.
  7. Smileyshravs

Thank you lalitha :) and thanks for sharing your memories.. if your grandma still have those letters.. just take a snap and show us.. It will be great pleasure to us... Thanks a lot dear:)

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I feel both Telephone and Letter are great. Letters are like treasure. whenever we want to feel those old moments/emotions again definetly we need letters.
    At the same time we hear those emotions of that person through Telephone. That is also sweet.

Emails are just Like letters so we can save them and feel those emotions again and again. :)... what do you say?

9. Smileyshravs

You are right dear. We are using emails in the absence of Letters. but mostly we use telephones rather than a mail..
    thank you for ur feedback dear:)

Mistt likes this.
  10. Ramanigayathri

Ramanigayathri Silver IL'ite

Good One Shravs..Nice thoughts:clapclap::clapclap: