1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A letter to my left knee

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

My dearest wounded soldier, My dearest left knee.

First of all I feel I should thank you for being a great sport that you are. And I am awfully sorry for putting you through all this pain. But I guess thats the spirit of this body. And that s what makes you all organs so special for me. You togther put into my small brown frame makes me the strong outward self.

I know you are little disappointed at the recent video you saw. (For others, I just finished seeing a Video fo ACL surgery, and it looked gross and scary,. I still forced myself to see, because my knee wanted to know whats going to face). But Hey buddy, Good news is there is a way I can work to make you normal and your playful self. I promise I will be more careful in future with you and with all other joints and all other body parts. I will do what it takes to make your normal.

After seeing all the video and all the read up on knee and joints. I learnt one thing, I should have been thanking much more than this. I spent thirty years being unthankful to you. I just didnot realize how much effiecient you were. How much you were putting up with my aggressive and crazy fitness schedules? You are awsome little knee and you will always be. Sometimes things hit us for seemingly no purpose. But years and decades unfold their meaning to us. I know one meaning for now. I should be more thankful and careful for my own body.
    Okay buddy enough of love shove and compassion vompassion.. I know how much you are giggling from there. I can hear you giggling to other knee that you got me all welled up in eyes. I thought you needed my gentleness and thankfulness. But I see you already relaxing and giggling to other knee aloud.."This thankfulness and sympathy thing looks so funny on her. What you say she looks like Cavin more or Hobbes more? Why is she worrying about it. It happens , we will get over it"

So here are some funny sporty ones for you.. Enjoy..

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    Joe Theismann in 2002. It turns out that Joe Theismann went to high school with a Norman Einstein, who was the class valedictorian.
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental"
    - Danny Ozark, manager of the Philadelphia Phillies
    "It is beyond my apprehension."
    - Danny Ozark, manager of the Philadelphia Phillies when asked by reporter what he thought of his team during a losing streak.
    "The people don't take baths and they don't speak English. No golf courses, no room service. Who needs it?"
    - Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon, talking about Europe
    "Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."
    - John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endured a 0-14 record.
    "Well, we didn't block real good but we made up for it by not tackling."
    - John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endured a 0-14 record.
    "I'm in favor of it."
    - John McKay, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1976, when asked about the execution of his team.
    "You guys line up alphabetically by height."
    - Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach
    "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle.
    - Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach
    "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."
    Metro Radio, College Football

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey ria,
    great one..looks you are well prepared for your surgery. all the best. only when there is a glitch do we really realise the greatness of things we take for granted..aka your knee, my spine...

I tell my kids, always respect your body and never abuse it or neglect it.

3. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"I should have been thanking much more than this. I spent thirty years being unthankful to you."

That is so true of all our body parts. We just worry and curse only when they stop working..just like everything else I guess!

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Shanthi and Jey,

Thanks for reading it. Yes Indeed Body is something none of us should take for granted. But we all do all the time.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Good luck on your surgery..I am sure it will all work out well..

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hey ria,
    Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery.

It is true that even a slight discomfort on any part of the body, tells us that how important they are, for e.g if we got hurt in one of our fingers, we get to know the importance of it that day only.

BTW the funny part is enjoyable!

sriniketan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear ria,
    it is very important that u take up the physiotherapy with a vengeance, only then the mobility is there, my daughter chitra had this operation and cannot walk for long distance the knee swells so pl try to follow the regime of exercise and all the best for a successful surgery..sunkan

8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

AC, Sriniketen and Sunkan Mam,

Thanks for wishes. Yes I am working out a lot. My knee is back to it s normal functions. I have also read about importance of getting knee back in full action before surgury. My ortho seems like best surgeon in Town. He was awarded best surgeon for 2007. So I have lots of faith in him. But i know its long way before i start running again.

I have got this leg hurt before in road accident ten years back. Even then doc in India said, I would not be able to walk, leave running. I was back to running within three months. So I am tough one for that. My knee will have to ski next season. :queen