1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A letter to my Dad!! - Daddy's Girl

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jananirbk, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

[I am just penning down my 2-1/2-year-old daughter's longing for her father as he was transferred!!]

Dear Dad!!

Mom is telling it has been 100 days since you left me, but I know to count only from 1 to 10, and I wish that 100 comes right after 10!! Whenever a plane flies over our house, I will hurriedly come out of our house calling "Daddy! Daddy!!" but, you never looked down at me!! :-( I will jump to reach you, but I could not!! Whenever mom scolds me, you were always there for my rescue, but now, I do not know to whom I can run to, ending up sobbing, "Daddy!! Daddy!!" I used to sleep between mom and you always. Now-a-days, my hands search for you in sleep, but could not find you!! I am getting horrific dreams that you are leaving me after kissing in a lonely place and running, but I could not run up to you!! I will wake up crying hoping that you will be there to console me, but only mom is there!! You used to give me company to sleep until late in the morning. Since you are not here, am getting up daily early as soon as mom gets up!! You used to take me to nearby ground in the mornings to play catch ball, but now am staying at home all day. I used to have fun riding with you in your two-wheeler and you always give me a small ride before you go to office . Now, I don't want to go with any of our neighbors or relatives in two-wheeler, though they call me often. I am replying that "My dad will come and take me out!!" Whenever you call me, you are asking "What do you want dear when I come back?" I used to reply "Chocolates, toys, ice creams, dresses, etc.," but Dad! Now I just want you. I do not want chocolates, toys, ice creams, or dresses! The child next to our house is cuddled in the arms of his father when ever he comes home, but all evenings are coming, you are not returning!! Come home Dad please!!!!!

PS: He is coming home once for all in two days as he got a job in the hometown itself :)!!! With Luv, Janani Natarajan

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Janani

Your blog had brought tears in my eyes...you have put it so well how a kid longs for his/her father when the father is away from home !!

Glad to hear that your husband is coming back home...seems like your daughters prayers are answered...finally kids are another form of god..so am sure whatever they want finally happens :)

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

very good writing janani. Eventhough you wrote in the angle of your child's feeling , we can smell you miss your husband very much. Wait for another two days. all the best.

ganges

4. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Beautifully written on behalf of your daughter. As Ganges mentioned, I can very well sense that you miss your husband as much as your daughter misses her daddy. Wish you all stay together hereafter without the need for separation.

Anabika

5. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Wow !!! very well written!!! hope, now your daughter will be happy as her dad is coming back :)

6. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Srividhya!

Thanks for your first FB and encouraging comments!! Yes!! My daughter's prayers have been answered and my DH is coming back!! And I told him if at all, he needs to go anywhere away from home for more than a week, I will pack our daughter's dresses too and send her with him!! Could not answer her "When my dad will come?" questions!!! Luv, Janani

7. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Ganges!

Itz my pleasure that you liked my post!! I can hear my DH commenting, "ya, she misses me coz she got no one to fight with!!" Funs apart, You are true, i misses him too! Luv, Janani

8. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Anabika!

Thank you for your kind wishes and thoughts!! I have not mentioned anywhere that I miss him, but you people are so smart that u sensed it out!! I am happy that I opted to post it!! Luv, Janani

9. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Janani
    As you are busy with household cores she might be feeling very lonely those days.Your letter comes straight from the thoughts of a cute little girl.Glad to know that your DH is back and you and DD is happy.
    May you all stay together and happy forever

10. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Custard!

I am so glad that you like my post!! Yes, my daughter will be very happy when my DH comes back once for all!! Thanks for your time to read and comment on the post!! Luv, Janani