1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Letter From A Secret Admirer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Jul 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

It was a pleasant Sunday:hearteyes: morning and the weather was at its best. As I peeped out of the window I could see small water puddles dotting our garden as a witness of last night’s shower. Seeing me at the window my grandpa waved to me and made a sigh to come and help him in picking flowers for the Pooja.

There was a mixture of fresh air coupled with the scents of Jasmine and coffee (my mother was preparing BRU coffee and through our kitchen’s window we can see our little garden) touched my nostrils when I stepped into our garden. Delicate rays of the sun fell on my skin and the aromatic breeze surrounded me as I walked carefully on the wet, damp floor.

My grandpa asked me to pick the jasmines and he started plucking the Mandara (Hibiscus) flowers near the well. Suddenly he started calling out my name,

Teenu! Teenu! Come here, fast! He exclaimed. I ran near the well and there we both stood surprised and silent starring at the unexpected gift cover lying on the Well’s gate. Crazy, funny thoughts started dancing in my brain as soon as I saw the gift:angel:.

Who could it be…? I thought to myself:rolleyes:. Could it be Gavaskar who only talks to me out of all the 33 girls in our class (I know he talks to me bcoz of my electronics notes but still….may be…),:relaxed: Could it be the calm looking Parthasarathi who smiles at me every time I accidently see him in the class (but he is not bold enough), Could it be Gavaskar’s friend who’s name I don’t know but always stares at me or it’s just some secret admirer who’s fallen head over heels for me…….Oh My Goshhhhhh….I started blushing:relaxed: and before I could realize what’s happening around me the gift was vanished.

I saw my grandpa unwrapping the gift and said loudly “ it’s for your sister Teenu”. All my dreams collapsed:shakehead: and suddenly I started hating the cold breeze that was touching my face unnecessarily. “Chaaa…all are waste fellows:mad::facepalm:” I thought. But I was enthusiastic to see from whom it was.

It was a book with a label on the top on which my sister’s name was written in a neat handwriting. I flipped few pages and suddenly a LETTER fell from it. My grandpa picked it up quickly and started reading it loudly before I could do anything. By the time my grandpa started reading it and my father also joined us.

The letter was written in a beautiful handwriting. It seemed to me that the guy could’ve got full marks in letter writing as he followed all the rules of letter writing perfectly. Date, place, subject etc.. The subject part carried birthday wishes for my sister (YES, It was her birthday). The later body part carried lots of words of admiration and appreciation about my sister. It also carried best wishes for my sister’s future and that’s it. At the end there was a letter
    A written under yours well-wisher.

We three looked at each other and suddenly all three of us burst out into laughter thinking about my sister’s reaction (My sister is very short tempered and is often compared to rishi Durvasa).

I took the letter and book to my sister who just woke up. I thought my sissy would become furious and throw the book away and tear the letter into pieces. But she did nothing like that. Instead she just smiled gently, looked at the writing carefully and may be by then she understood from whom it was and kept it aside. In the evening we both sat in our room and started examining the book.

It was book on positive thinking and success. We started flipping the pages and at one page we found the email address of the guy. It read avulaanilkumar@gmail.com and there was a request to reply to his mail. I was shocked:eek: as soon as I remembered whom this Anil was. Anil was my sister’s classmate and our newspaper boy ( a calm, shy, intelligent person, very hardworking and now works in An MNC).

The good thing is neither my sister nor my family members took the letter seriously. My sister still has the book and the letter safely stored in her cupboard.

And so the LETTER was not for me:(:BangHead:

that's it

love
    Teenu;)

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Here is your song:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.
  3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Is Anil Kumar married or still single :) ? Anil is not shy anymore I think, to be able to send a gift with a letter home and then to include his email address lol.

4. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

:facepalm::BangHead::roflmao:

5. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

I don't know whether he's married or not...
    He used to behave that way when ever he comes to our house to collect newspaper bill. I got fooled:p

6. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:After long hiatus I suppose, you had rebegan browsing IL and posted a beautifully woven story . yes Anils of yester years could have been postman. I do hope you were not jealous of your sister while awaiting for missives or billet doux from Gavaskar one of 33 in your class!
    Kudos too you, moments, subsequent events & Frame of mind interestingly captured.
    Thanks and Regards.

teenulahari likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@teenulahari very interesting .By your words i imagine the expression on your face when you come to know that LETTER is not for you.

teenulahari likes this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

WoW, such a lovely narration @teenulahari ! I loved! ALAS, it's not for you! A very well thought Secret Admirer!

Grandpa, your dad and you are the first people to open it, poor your sis and poor Anil!

teenulahari likes this.
  10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

very nice!
    not nice to give out a real email id of others on a forum.

shravs3 likes this.