1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Humble Tribute to my Loving Father on his 75th Birthday

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Malathijagan, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Malathi,
    That was a wonderful tibute to a great father who is also a sensitive, kind caring person.I pray to God to bless your parents with good health,long life,peace and happiness.
    You have so beautifully written about him saving a muslim family from the clutches of blood thirsty hooligans.I was reminded of an incident narrated to me by my son in law about his father.My sambandhi s were in Mumbai and the gentleman was working in a factory.Th factory would go on lock up atleast a couple of times in an year I believe,dut to some reason or other and the employees would go without their salaries for that period.My sambandhi who had a family to take care of and who was not financially so well off at that time,would go round collecting money to help out families who were in dire need of money.His good deeds took care of his sons who are in senior positions today.Even now ,this gentleman remains a simple person whose motto in life seems to be'simple living and high thinking'.
    Daughters are particularly attached to their fathers.Your tribute to your father speaks volumes about him as a fine human being and you as a very affectionate daughter.
    God bless you and your parents!
    love
    mithila kannan

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

Daughters are always dad's favourites! Very nice, touching and beautiful tribute to your father. Wish him a very happy 75th birthday,

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Buddy, Malathi,

Wishing Appa a great Platinum Jubilee celebration... Our namaskaarams as a family to Appa and Amma, the celebrity couple.

That was a very moving write-up. Exceptional. His footprints are very valuable. Thanks for sharing with us.

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathi,
    It is really great of you to pen a tribute abt ur father. Ofcourse most of us in the heart cherish and admire,but few of us have penned it.
    You have a father to emulate, so take on all his good qualities. They are here to guide us and show us the path, we just got to listen.
    Iam sure if you ask ur Dad he will pay tribute to his parents.

Iam sure by now you would have celebrated his birthday and pls convey my regards and i seek his blessings. I pray that he is always in good health.
    May God bless you.
    Jaya

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Thanks for your good wishes for my father.I felt that this was the only way I could pay my respects to him at his age. Of course to live the way he lives would be the best tribute to him.
    Love,
    Malathi

6. Malathijagan

Dear Lalitha,
    All I did was poured out my feelings in the PC and submitted it in IL! What would have been very difficult to speak out to my father because my voice would get choked, I transferred here.
    Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.
    Love,
    Malathi

7. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathi mam,

That was a real touching tribute to your father. U are very very very lucky to have your father, mam.
    I lost my father when I was 22 yrs, my life episode with him remains incomplete. Only people like me could feel how precious our parents are to us. So enjoy every moment with your parents. Kind request : please ask your parents to bless my family too....

Wishing you and your family a happy new year.

Rdgs,

Leena

8. Malathijagan

Dear Viji,
    That was a cute poem you had dedicated to my father! Thank you so much for all your well wishes. Yesterday, my father's eyes were filled with tears not only after reading my write up but more because of the love and affection poured by so many Ilites.

Love,
    Malathi

9. Malathijagan

Vidhya, your words have always meant a lot to me but some times I wonder whether I am all that you say I am.
    As a daughter I not not ask of them anything, I do pray to God that I am able to be good to them and carry forward their mission and keep the family name high.
    Thank you Vidhya for your loving FB.
    Love,
    Malathi

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

You have made me cry. What you have described are not just real-life stories but stories full of life and stories that tell us what life is all about.

I could related to every word you have written here as I had the good fortune of meeting him in your place and interacting with him when you ladies were busy in the kitchen.

The way he pardoned those who killed his father is the ultimate lesson on forgiveness. Many people who forgive try hard to suppress their bitterness. And they never forger that. In your father's case even now there is only a sense of surprise - 'how did that boy had murderous idea is still a mystery to me'

Helping out a Muslim neighbour in times of distress, having the heart to pardon someone who blocked his progress.. these are all fail-proof signs of greatness.

And Malathi, I would rather venture to say that he has been amply rewarded in life as well. When he is 75 he is able to move along freely, maintains the same loving relationship with his, probably of fifty years, and is able to see his child - that is you - living and prospering in her way - and given his nature he will have a happy long and a peaceful life.

May God bless him.

shadamaanam bhavathi shadaayu purusha shathenthriyayusheventhriyan prathi thishtathi!

Convey my namaskarams to your dear father Mr.Srinivasan and ask him to bless us and pray for us all.

love,
    sridhar