A Great Father's expectation , how his son should be?

Discussion in 'IL'ite Wishes' started by MULLAI62, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Today Feb-12 Abraham Lincoln's Birthday. He is one of my favorite leader.
    [​IMG]
    Respected Teacher,
    My Son Will Have To Learn I Know That All Men Are Not Just, All Men Are Not True. But Teach Him Also That For Ever Scoundrel There Is A Hero; That For Every Selfish Politician, There Is A Dedicated Leader. Teach Him That For Every Enemy There Is A Friend.

It Will Take Time, I Know; But Teach Him, If You Can, That A Dollar Earned Is Far More Valuable Than Five Found.

Teach Him To Learn To Lose And Also To Enjoy Winning.

Steer Him Away From Envy, If You Can.

Teach Him The Secret Of Quite Laughter. Let Him Learn Early That The Bullies Are The Easiest To Tick.

Teach Him, If You Can, The Wonder Of Books.. But Also Give Him Quiet Time To Ponder Over The Eternal Mystery Of Birds In The Sky, Bees In The Sun, And Flowers On A Green Hill –Side.

In School Teach Him It Is Far More Honourable To Fail Than To Cheat.

Teach Him To Have Faith In His Own Ideas, Even If Every One Tells Him They Are Wrong.

Teach Him To Be Gentle With Gentle People And Tough With The Tough.

Try To Give My Son The Strength Not To Follow The Crowd When Every One Is Getting On The Bandwagon.

Teach Him To Listen To All Men But Teach Him Also To Filter All He Hears On A Screen Of Truth And Take Only The Good That Comes Through.

Teach Him, If You Can, How To Laugh When He Is Sad. Teach Him There Is No Shame In Tears. Teach Him To Scoff At Cynics And To Beware Of Too Much Sweetness.

Teach Him To Sell His Brawn And Brain To The Highest Bidders; But Never To Put A Price Tag On His Heart And Soul.

Teach Him To Close His Ears To A Howling Mob… And To Stand And Fight If He Thinks He’s Right.

Treat Him Gently; But Do Not Cuddle Him Because Only The Test Of Fire Makes Fine Steel.

Let Him Have The Courage To Be Impatient, Let Him Have The Patience To Be Brave. Teach Him Always To Have Sublime Faith In Himself Because Then He Will Always Have Sublime Faith In Mankind.

This Is A Big Order; But See What You Can Do. He Is Such A Fine Little Fellow, My Son.

Abraham Lincoln.
    How many of us writing heartfelt letters habit? Its so live. Writing letters using pen.

How many of us hearing songs in radio? So live.

No friends. Now most of our enjoyment are taking bath in stagnant water not in flowing river.

May be old but gold. I use to hear songs in Geetham radio .

Attached Files:

3 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good one. True those days have gone when we used to write letters with pen. hear songs on radio. Times have changed now only e mails, whatsapp, TV etc. When my sister gotmarried and went to Delhi, we used to exchange letters that too the inland will be full, no place left. We used to wait for the letter which used to come by post. Now a days due to modern technology we are able to phone each other . We never miss a day phoning each other. My sister does not know computer , doe snot use mobile so only phone. While in school I used to do my homework listening to RAdio and used to remember all the songs and which movie. Thanks for the nice post and bringing good old memories

3. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much mam for your reply. I am also like you. Always hear cylone radio station songs while studying till 1982(After that Sri Lanka problem started). I like to hear the voice of K.S.Raja atleast once a day. Morning I would wake up with the Pirandha naal vazhlthukkal song. As you mentioned, waiting for the postman and receiving the letter wav! it should b experienced. Thanks for recalling the old memories.

1 person likes this.
  4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Ofcourse you are right in sharing the moments of writing letters in Inland or some even in postal cards. Truly, thanks for sharing this letter of Lincoln. An honest wish of a dad for his son. Explicitly describes how to grow stronger.

5. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi@MULLAl62
    nice to read a great father 's letter to his son's teacher.True, writing letters with ink are precious because we can keep those handwriting letters as memory but those inland letters/ post cards take so many days to reach us and afters some days those letters not look like new.Now ,through Emails we can know about our loved ones with in seconds and if we want we should keep those mails with us forever .
    if we listen songs from radio we have to listen random songs which we like or don't like I feel that is main drawback .