1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Good Touch and Bad a Touch.

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Swethasri,

I appreciate your concern and your passion! It is not that others here aren't vocal or concerned about CS Awareness. Thanks for bringing this great thread by Shanvy to my notice. I will be adding a link to my thread related to the same topic. If you have time,please do drop in there -

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...14025-child-sexual-abuse-awareness-share.html

1 person likes this.
  2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Absolutely Rakhii. I am thinking to show my son some videos. my son is 2 years and 6 months and he asks lot and lots of question. So if I show him the videos then I am sure many questions will pop in his mind and he is a good listener too. Let me see how he reacts and will share it here.

Thanks for your reply.

3. Swethasri

racr, thanks for your other thread. Think about kids with special needs, I am a mom of special needs,when i think about these things I feel like faint. We are living in a very bad world and we have to safe gaurd our kids into our eyes. it sounds very scary when i hear these kinds of news. Bothering me a lot:(

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Swetha, did you say he is asking questions? now I am a little concerned. Mine is no where close to asking questions, though she asks for toys/books/milk etc.

5. Swethasri

Yes Rakhii he asks questions. Couple of days back he asked his dad, "appa i have a question for you" me and husband was stunned. his question is "can i go to upstairs and sleep with you?" My little one is a pure bless for me because you must be knowing that i have a special kid. He is pure joy for me but has lot of dificulties in his development so i was praying like anything during my second pregnancy that the baby shd be normal. So he is here now with a question...:)

My suggestion is "Please Don't Compare With Other Kids" What ever you do for your child will result good for them.

1 person likes this.
  6. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Swethasri,

I can't begin to understand your fears and your struggles(I have read your thread).Like you have told Rakhii
    Exactly..be positive! You have had your share of hardships,now everything will be good and better .Yes,I know its a bad world,but for every such person,we also have loving,alert and excellent parents like you.

I would say that constant reinforcement and education is the key. Keep repeating your awareness list of things,videos every few months.

Show pictures of trusted people to both your kids and say that they are FRIENDS and can be trusted.Others,not matter who,BEWARE and BE AWARE.

1 person likes this.
  7. Swethasri

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

no no...not comparing. Actually my nephew is special needs too. So, a small part of me triggers once in a while to make sure I am not seeing something in my DD what I saw in nephew. In any unlikely event, early intervention is needed. In my neohew's case, nothing was noticed until he turned ...3 i think.