'A' - Girl Names

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Ashna, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Baby names starting in A

Boys..
    Aman,
    Atul,
    Aniruddh,
    advait,
    Anivesh

Girls,
    Arathi,
    Anuradha,
    Anitha,

2. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Avinash
    Asuthosh
    Aswin
    Arvind
    Aravindakhsan
    Adikesavan

3. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Archith
    Arpita
    Anindhitha

4. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Good hospitals in Chennai - Help needed.

Hi all,

I will be going to India for my delivery and still havent got conclusions abt a particular hospital..I would like to know some details of hospitals where maternity care is done well and where doctors would patiently wait until normal delivery..my sister had her baby normally delivered in Kalyani nursing home , 10 yrs back..I am not sure if facilities are good there till now..So i thought of getting help abt the current scenario in hospitals from u ladies... Kindly help me..

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Good hospitals in Chennai - Help needed.

Hi Maha,
    I had my delivery (C-section) in St.Isabel's Mylapore. It 's a great place as far as nursing care and cleanliness is concerned, even though the labour block is an old building and the rooms are not modern - no tiles/marble floors/TV. I dont know how things work in the Gulf, but in India your obgyn may have her outpatient clinic anywhere and is attached to several hospitals for admitting patients. Most of the bigger hospitals also have a couple of consultants attached exclusively to that hospital and who also have their outpatients in the same hospital. Therefore, your doctor is more important than the hospital as the decision for normal delivery vs. a ceserean is decided by her. not hospital staff.
    If you want a big hospital with every convenience (never mind the expense) then Apollo (Greams Rd) or Sundaram Medical Foundation (Anna Nagar) would be a good bet.Otherwise pick a good doctor and go wherever she says. I know its confusing but do bear in mind that most doctors are competent and a normal delivery is not always in your or your doctors hands.

Vanathi.

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi maha,

I remember my mom telling some gynac name whom she is known as a good doctor for normal deliveries. I shall enquire her and keep you posted.

Do keep in touch once you reach India also

7. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi pavithra,

Thanks for your concern .. Do let me know about the doctor and sure i will stay connected to IL even in India...

8. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Thanks for your quick response..As my sister's delivery took place long back , i have no idea which doctor to move through..Since my consultation in India will start only from the third trimester (that too only from 8th month), i need to fix the hospital and the gynaec..Right now my options are either kalyani nursing home or apollo..But still i am not sure abt the current scenario of maternity care in these hospitals ...

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Maha,
    Congrats!!! You can check out Kalyani Nursing home ,Dr. Geetha Arjun consults there.Then opposite Devaki hospital ,it has been renamed now, there is Dr. J.S. Lakshmi. She is connected to St.Isabels. The other options are Dr.Vasanthi at Apollo and Sundaram Medical Foundation. Not to leave out Dr.Prema Krishnaswamy who consults from Alwarpet.Dr.Nithya Ramamoorthy at Malar Hospitals, Adyar.
    Hope this helps you decide, Take care and enjoy your pregnancy.

10. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Janani,

Thanks for your kind support....:bowdown

Ur info. will be very much useful to me...:party