1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Fatal Blow!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

The title itself was baffling, leading me in to a strong conclusion that you have ended up in an ICU of a leading hospital, and I was as usual offering silent prayers to all the Gods, to bring you out of the danger zone safely, back home and allow you to continue with your senile ramblings peacefully.

Once I started reading, my wild imaginations came to an end , but what stuck me was your style of writing, which was completely out of the world. Agatha Christie, Ian Flaming, Hitchcock, not to leave out the present day Tamil ghost serial writers- they all could have taken a lesson or two from you. What a nail biting suspense, which didn’t allow the reader to pause even for a moment.

Thank you Cheeniya Sir for your wonderful write up, which has brought me out of my lengthy hiatus!

Regards,

Agatha83

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    This is a response that has 'Brand Srama' inscribed all over it. Take this for example:
    This in spite of not having Internet for ten days. That happiness qualifies for Guinness Record. I know that you are not a web surfer. Your surfing is totally different like this:
    upload_2019-3-30_15-15-23.jpeg

No toe wants to get hurt and it also knows that it is not in her (or his) hands, assuming that toes have hands! Toes are situated in the most vulnerable spot in the body. We walk with our eyes looking straight ahead. Nobody walks with his attention riveted on his toes. That is why toes get hurt a lot more than any other part of the body unless your life partner is in the habit of asking you to nail a picture on the wall!
    That floored me! When I showed it to my wife, she just grimaced.
    Thank you for this and all the words that followed it!
    Sri

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    I am glad you have put it in writing. It will surely help if any legal action becomes necessary for not keeping your word!

Thyagarajan, Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    After reading this FB of yours, I asked my wife 'Who says Chennai is hot?' My AC hung down its head in shame! There is no greater joy in life than learning that your worst fears turn out to be a jolly ride in a toy train! I hope I gave you that joy!
    While I thank you profusely, I need to point out that getting such lavish appreciation may be the icing on the cake but living up to that appreciation is tougher than walking on fire in a temple festival. This will make me to scratch my head more vigorously than before when I embark on my future projects!
    That is indeed a touching tribute and if I have done it, I feel very rewarded. Needless to add how much we all missed your presence here.
    Thank you!
    Sri

Afresh and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Viswamitra (aka) Viswa, ("Guest") and Cheeniya Sir (aka) Cheeniya ("Host") both are sometimes referred to as "parties" to the agreement hereby agree as of the date referred to below:

1) Viswa (with his spouse) solemnly and irrevocably agrees to Visit Cheeniya's new Lizard free residence no later than April 20th, 2019.

2) Cheeniya solemnly and irrevocably agree to give strong filter coffee specifically prepared by Cheeniya's spouse.

3) Viswa agrees to discuss only non-spiritual topics during the meeting and in return Cheeniya agrees to be at his best in his sense of humor.

4) Cheeniya agrees to have his two extraordinarily brilliant and sweet granddaughters at home during Viswa's visit.

If Viswa violates this agreement, he agrees not to write anything spiritual for a period of 6 months. If Chenniya violates the terms of the agreement, he agrees to remove his beard and post his beardless photograph in IL.

This agreement is entered into as of March 31st 2019.

Signature of Signature of
    Cheeniya. Viswa

Paripoorna, Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Super covenants before summit.
    2.Looking forward to your alliance on Saturday April 20, 2019 which would augur well for all!!!
    3. Two great men -a philosopher - IL Periavazhal & BHISMA Pitha Maha face to face to decide future corse...in a grand summit
    All the best always.
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:
    Last time I checked, Cheeniya Sir likes Arrow shirt not Arrow Bed. :beer-toast1:. It is a gracious consent by the veteran writer in IL to meet with an ordinary man who still tries to attempt to draw attention from a few ILites.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    This has to be removed from the memo of understanding for two reasons:
    The lizard is a third party and not very material to the contract.
    They are very unpredictable. Today there may be none but tomorrow they may troop into my house. Please delete it.
    I tried to do it even with Tippu Sultan's sword but failed miserably. Please substitute it with a more viable term like I should stop rambling for six months.
    This agreement will be witnessed by Indra and Shobha.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    Unlike Bhishma, I am a married pitha maha

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My aging skin has become intolerant of Arrow Shirts. A sleeveless banian is my permanent costume now. I wear something like a shirt if I happen to out of my house.
    You remind me of the ordinary man of My Fair Lady!

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.