1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A desserted mother

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by InnerBliss, Dec 4, 2011.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

When I was in the school and later in the university, I got a chance to see a girl growing near my home. Though few years younger, the society kids liked to see that she is well while she was playing on the ground. She had two brothers and was only and youngest daughter of her parents. So she was loved and cared a lot by many.

She grew up as most of us do. No exception, no affair. She was married, as most of us do. Parents gave her the best gifts that they could. My family too gave her the best gift that we could. And I could not forget the way she was looking in the bridal costume! Wow...the young girl was the center of attraction with beautiful ornaments and clothes. By the time, she was to be farewelled, something pinched my heart for she hugged me tightly and cried a lot. I was few years elder to her and was just a well wisher without having a close intimate relationship with her.

After some time, I saw her that she was pregnant and she was very happy with her married life. She said that her husband and in laws are very caring and loving. I came to Australia thenafter.

Last time, I visited India, I came to know that the story was bit different. Her parents had found that the family is very wealthy and good to give all happiness to their daughter but later the girl realised that her husband had the affair with the other lady. She kept quiet that everything would get alright. As she came to know after getting physically intimate to her husband, she just waited patiently for the time that her husband would come back to his family especially after having kid. But her patience did not give her any reward. Her In laws did not help her much in this case. Both families had the quarrel. The girl came to her Papa's home with his son. Mysteriously, her husband disappeared after few days. 8 years have passed, no body knows whether her husband is alive or dead. The girl lives with her parents with two bhabhis who takes her and her son as a burden and abuses her for her condition and being an extra member to be fed because their husbands do not earn much. The girl is not finding any person who can own her with her son. The parents are now old enough to look after the son or do earnings. The parents-in-law are not ready to accept her or the child as they feel that she had come with the ill fate to their family and the life became very disturbed after she came.

Once upon a time, the girl was a sweet little princess is treated like a burden to her family. I am sitting here with great sympathy for her condition but still not being able to do anything for her. :(

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

2. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear InnerBliss,
    Some are ill-fated after marriage and some lead a very happy life after marriage. It would be really sad to find a girl who was cherished by her family and surroundings once and being treated badly after she had been married because of her situation.

If there is a way you can contact her, you can advice her to find a job and lead an independant life. May be her parents can stay with her and look after her child. Its always nasty to stay with brothers after they get married. The brother's wives will never like this of course. Even if they feel pity there might spring up a time in life when they dont want her to be around in their place.

Times have changed and sometimes people dont even adjust with their own parents and how come with their siblings or with their SILs?
    Its only good for her to move out and stand on her own supported by her parents. She can be independant and more happy than she really is now.
    I think this is the only way out.

4 people like this.
  3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

i feel sorry for her but she should not be sitting idle..she should hav been doing some job else ppl will surely consider her as a burden..
    it is not only the case with tht girl but also the case with most of the females who leave their marriage .. better to be independent and live separately

2 people like this.
  4. dreamd

dreamd Bronze IL'ite

So sorry to hear this. May I ask, whats her qualification? Is it easy enough for her to get a job? She should take up a job, become independent. That definitely would be the first step.

2 people like this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

You can eat free meal from people who love you unconditionally and are in proper physical and financial condition to feed you and your dependents....
    Else you have to take up some job/ business best suited to your qualification /support system without inhibitions.

2 people like this.