1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A cross-word addict!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Solving crossword puzzles is one thing and living as a crossword puzzle is another. I won't mind to be married to someone who likes to solve crossword puzzles, but won't like to be married to someone who lives like a crossword puzzle.

However, there is one exception. We have to give full credit to the husbands who solve the puzzles thrown by their spouses every day. For example when she tells the husband, "I don't understand how so and so is able to afford to buy such beautiful silk sarees for his wife" it really means, "You better buy some for me as well". When she tells, "I have splitting headache" it really means, "don't even try to bore me with your work related stuff". When she tells, "I was curious to know more about your school life" it really means, "your child's grades are dropping".

Therefore, I believe Dhamu deserves to live as married man, as his only mistake was to try to live in his wife's shoes a little.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

The line is thin between liking doing something and addiction.If one likes doing crossword it's fine but getting addicted like Dhamu...people around him would feel miserable....like Radha. it gets on ones nerves and after sometime what happens we saw it in the case of Radha and Dhamu. I am a fan of sudoku...daily do Hindu Sudoku, do it as a time pass while traveling.....but not addicted. Not more than two per day.

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I know some people talk like that and we have to think for a while what they are talking.They don't say things directly. Some people, talk the first half of the sentence with clarity and second half mumbling and we have to guess the second half...if our guess is right things are fine and if not we are in trouble!!! Living with a crossword daily is challenging.....rope walking!

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    Despite being much younger to me, your experience amazes me. I know that a wife is the greatest riddle a man faces in his life. The telltale sign of a person who is blessed with the biggest 'Riddler in the home' is premature baldness or greying. That is why, baldness is called the sign of wisdom. A man who is constantly in the habit of solving the riddle called wife cannot but be wise.

You seem to have all the qualifications of a husband to pen your thoughts in a book of reference for the benefit of future husbands!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear shyamala
    No addiction is good but addiction itself is highly subjective. According to you, doing one or two crosswords or Sudoku is ok and it is just time-pass. But what about people who cannot complete even one crossword a day and they sit on it whole day tearing their hairs? While they are on the job of solving it, nothing else registers in their minds. Fortunately they do it only on Sundays and holidays but their family is denied of their company even on holidays!

I agree with you about people who say the first half of the sentence with clarity but mumble the rest of the sentence.It is better than vice versa!
    Sri