1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A cross-word addict!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Though sad for Radha and Dhamu, I am happy that crosswords brought this interesting tale to us..Thanks to the pen of yeah, dipped in sugar.....:)) [Tune to Hindi...!!]

L, Kamla

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavanya
    That was a very helpful feedback. I must now take to things that will keep my grey cells on their feet. They are trying to change their colour, if I guessed it correct, to rust! That is indeed a good tip.
    I'll try changing the order of my daily chores which sounds the easiest! But first of all I must something to do:)
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    What else can it be? Dont you know my name is Cheeni!
    Sri

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Glad to be of assistance... though I don't think your cells are gonna change color any time soon. Daily chores I meant weren't some kind of real work - I meant the mundane habitual stuff like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, reading the newspaper etc. The goal is to change the order of doing whichever ones you can change.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

another great one :)

I too go for sudoku ,assuming that it will keep alzheimers at bay.(hahaha dont know how far that theory holds good.) By the way my hubby too refers to it as soduku.:)
    Wish i could do the cross words though.its been years since I even attempted one.

6. Cheeniya

My dear Mindi
    Your dh calling Sudoku as Soduku made me very nostalgic because that was how the resourceful ladies of Triplicane (Chennai) put countless lice to sleep like the Terminator!
    Soduku , I mean Sudoku, is hardly half as habit forming and obsessive as Cross-words.. You may not know this, cross-word addicts comb their hair and uncomb it instantly so that they could run their fingers through them feverishly as they grope for that one word!

Thanks a lot Mindi. Always a pleasure to have you visit my forum
    Sri

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I have seen people spend hours on the cross words and sudoku... But your friends story is too much... He got carried away so much...

That way I am lucky... I am very poor in vocabulary and dont know how to play sudoku... So escaped...:thumbsup

Too much of anything is not too good... understood the lesson Guruji!!!!

Veda

8. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Nice to see you after a long time!

Moderation is the key to success. Extremism always robs us of our peace of mind. You are indeed lucky there to be a moderate person. I remember my school days when we were taught about the moderates and extremists in our Freedom Struggle and it is said that our Freedom was won by the moderates like Gandhi. The extremists went to the gallows and Andamans and we have forgotten them but we remember the moderates even now.

Coming to Cross-words, the incident that I have narrated is not wholly fictitious but a bit exaggerated. I have seen such chaps in my life. They go to the toilet with the Hindu Cross-words and never come out!
    Sri

9. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Good one! I too have seen people addicted to su do ku. I like to play it when i am bored. Poor Radha!! If Dhamu would have proposed Radha indirectly like a cross word puzzle, I think atleast Radha would have got a chance to realise and escape:)

10. Cheeniya

Dear Raba
    This is not a true story but very nearly a true story. This is based on my knowledge of a girl who left her hubby to live with her parents because he always talked in riddles. She had told him that she would never return to him until he made a bonfire of all the crossword puzzles in his possession and sent the ashes to her! Even to this terse communication from her, our man replied in riddles. She then filed for a divorce but divorce laws were not so simple then as they are today. The judge put them on one year probation but I really do not know what happened to them after that. I guess the judge too became a crossword addict!
    Sri