1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A conversation outside my Home.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

"It has been ages, since we visited their house" said L.

"I really don’t know why we bother. Clearly, they do not like us. Absolutely inhospitable! Have you seen the way that creature reacts, on seeing either of us?" asked l.

"Yeah, I agree that C ("and C for creature, mind you!" L teaches l) does seem a little weird, isn’t it? So huge, but still screaming and making a scene like that. And let me tell you something, the C does that only when the good man is around. Poor guy, I tell you. He will be reading his paper or watching the telly. Why can't the C do the same, I wonder. But, NOO, it has to come skipping into the kitchen, humming something weird, put on the light and then get into those fits. He is such a nice man and tells C that life is all about adjustment and coexistence. "Live and let live" he says. As if the C understands such finer aspects of life? He has no other go but to come to act on its instructions.” replied L maliciously.

"And have you seen the way that C runs when we visit. Apparently, it is very lazy for walks. I have heard the good man say so but then how come it runs so fast when we are there" L and l laughed together.

"You are right, you know. When the C is alone, it hardly comes to the kitchen, locks all the doors, blocks even the gaps and is always sitting in front of a small tv like thingy or the big telly. Probably that is the time to visit, you know. Serve it right for not liking us" said l.

....and that is how the lizards L and its baby l come through my kitchen balcony and upset my solitary existence and that is when I miss my hubby, my " brave hero" the most.

Come on, I don’t need to tell you who C is?:wink:

8 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Mindi! Had a good laugh! I am with L and l - LOL!! Well, I agree with them - that happy singing, skipping, hopping smiling C can become all this at the sight of just a L! While I agree with live and let policy, for me what works is fascination which easily paves way to the la la end and then suddenly everything is in harmony co-existing peacefully!

So did C encounter L and l and is missing her dear DH, her brave hero? Well then, allow L and l to stay (like you have a choice) and do the jumping and screaming as soon as you see your hero :)

4 people like this.
  3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Good one Mindi!
    I know C and L... Who is I?:confused2:

4. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl
    I don't agree with L and l.. There are other C's in this world to accompany the C you've mentioned who cannot have a live, let live attitude towards L's.. The C that I'm talking about is having a record of squeezing an L while closing the bathroom door without knowledge :drowning and never want any L or any of its LO's lllllllll to visit the C in me :-D

Huh!! It's been quite a while I saw any lizard and you took me back to the almost forgotten memory of squeezing one... gave a nice read decoding the characters plotted :)

cheers,
    Ani

1 person likes this.
  5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mindi.....:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl....You are glib in taking me virtually to your home with your lively writing dear...:thumbsup...

"psst psst psst psst psst "- Roaring commends to your L and I at the Annual conference of G.L.F.....Global L Federation...........:biglaugh...

They are heading towards your home to "Thank you" and be vigilant guards to your kitchen.....to keep it bug free.....:crazy

A nice post......but, why fear.....Mindi dear.......?!?!:rotfl

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mindi,

What a coincidence you should write this today as this C had a face to face encounter the other day in the kitchen. Obviously L did not fancy the look of C's face nor her voice as she screamed out loud to no one in particular as she was all alone at home. This morning the moment C turned on the light in the kitchen, L decided to give her a taste of her own medicine and ran out of the kitchen. Only C's hearing abilities are slightly deficient and she could not hear L's musical talents. :-D

BTW: C is still recovering from the shock 3 hours later.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

HI Sabitha,

Whenever I create a scene like this first thing I hear from you know who is " Look at life from the lizards point of view. it must be wondering why such a huge CREATURE like you is shrieking and running." So I did just that. I decided to be fair and square and wrote of life at the Mindis from the lizards point of view.:)

So did C encounter L and l and is missing her dear DH, her brave hero? Well then, allow L and l to stay (like you have a choice) and do the jumping and screaming as soon as you see your hero :)

:rotfl:rotfl

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Vid....looks like you did not read my post with FULL concentration.( LOL, just kidding ) L is for lizard and l (not I but small letter of L is of course the baby lizard)

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindz,
    There is a L in my bathroom!
    I wonder if you are aware of the following:
    Lizards are also said to have an alternative method of predicting your future by making a clicking noise from different directions of the house. There are people who make a similar clicking noise to counter the possible ill effects!

Every day, early in the morning when I enter the bathroom, to brush my teeth, a lizard, a standard fixture there (next only to the fittings already there) greets me ! I do not reciprocate the sound because I don't believe in superstition !
    Believe me, I see it again in the night ! It is there every night to wish me goodnight. Whether Vish & me wish eachother or skip, the L & me, never miss this ritual !!
    The L has become more my "sakhi"!! :biggrin2:
    I think "she" has deputed I to someother flat!!

1 person likes this.
  10. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl Hilarious post Mindi!!
    so L and l knows too much abt 'C' huh???