1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Bee Curve!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Aria, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Now, now, you G-ging me as gist-fied is confounding me!
    HLM has already been HTML (hyper-toned mark up language) (-ed) by you , eh?
    What dictionary , addictionary you think I am, eh ? I'm only into Gauri's pictionary these days.

Glad to catch up with you, have an optically spectacular year ahead!

1 person likes this.
  2. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Shyamala,

Here here! There, there, this is what I was referring in my response to Viswa, the best feature about snippets is that it does not matter people if write about bee-keeping, topiary, tai-chi or timberlake's new haristyle, there is something funny, wise, informative to add-on to the original article.

Good saying! Can't beat you when it comes to pithy rundown of a 4-para scroll. ;-)

1 person likes this.
  3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Great way to inspire in the new year. I am one of those souls that is happy in my own company. In winters, i like nothing more than the warmth and comfort of the comforter. In a way, i am generous too, i let the others in the world have the cake and eat it too. My comforter makes me feel whatever I want in my dreams. If i can achieve all in my dreams, why wake up? hehe...

Really enjoyed your snippet. Yeah i had to use the online dictionary as well.

We love bees in our garden to help pollinate our vegetables. We have lavender all around our garden.

2 people like this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

That is the beauty of snippets, Aria! Unpredictable topics, varied views...I like it. Can write on any idea at spur of moment.
    Syamala

6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

A' this is too much, I have high regards for V', I would never do that. If necessary I wouldn't mind speaking to him in my own identity. This is a case of mistaken identity. I don't fancy picking words/sentences and conducting a biopsy.

7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Voila! And this is again another classic case of misinterpretation. :2thumbsup:
    I meant , cryptically , using GG's devised technique please expand "J" (because I'm camouflaging it here).

Whoa , whoa , words, words , semantics , interpretation how funny!

Can't help posting this dialogue from Luigi Pirandello's "Six charcters in search of an author"

THE STEP-DAUGHTER
    Ah yes, explain it in your own way.

THE FATHER
    But don't you see that the whole trouble lies here. In words,
    words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things,
    each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever
    come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the
    sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen
    to me must inevitably translate them according to the
    conception of things each one of you has within himself. We
    think we understand each other, but we never really do. Look
    here!

And I don't fancy accusing anyone publicly for things that I hardly know or involved in. Whiff of trust and faith in members is all that may spruce up this forum, what one reads is perhaps not what one intended to write.
    :biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Hey Akanksha,

I had to go and watch the "Bee Movie" again after posting this snippet! Just to experience that surreal & cozy comfort you are talking of :)

Thank you for pollinating this thread with your feedback! :2thumbsup:

Disclaimer:

1# I don't mean to say that you dreams are surreal, I only meant mine where.
    2# I don't mean to say that you will find comfort in watching "Bee Movie" , only I would.
    3# I used pollinate jocularly, does not mean you are an insect, I don't mind being one.
    4# I thought of wordplay "seedback" instead of "feedback", but then not sure what dragons it may sow.

I think that should do for now so that no one files a defamation case against me in "IL Tribunal" ;-)

2 people like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aria
    Menons are a majority in my circle of friends and I know that they would do anything to impress people. VK Krishna Menon held the record for delivering the longest speech in UN. I have a close pal who calls himself Mercedes Menon and you are right, he is a proud owner of a Tata Nano with a sticker on the rear reading ‘When I grow older, I’ll be a Mercedes like my Owner!’ I can tell you dozens of Menons who have distinguished themselves in many ways but this hapaxlego is the farthest a Menon would ever go! And what is more! When this Menon started delivering a pep talk for the ‘15s, I said to myself, “There, a Menon again!’ When I dragged myself slowly to the end, I sat up with a jerk loud enough to make my wife scurrying to my room. She got further alarmed seeing my dilated pupils and I pointed out to her with trembling hands to the words “ARIA”. ‘She is here again’, I whispered reverentially. Instantly I became dead to the world as my eyes started following the fat bee with ecstasy.

A fat bee flying is no more awesome than the fat me walking on my two legs. My medico grandson says that I carry 50% more weight on my two legs than anatomically possible but then he doesn’t know that I am as highly self motivated as the fat bee! We just react to the word ‘Impossible’ like a war horse at the sound of bugle. Well, that’s how life went on at a frenetic phase right from my childhood. I was at my defiant best all the time. I could prove to them that I could eat with my left hand as comfortably as with my right. I showed them how to sleep with eyes wide open. Talking endlessly without making any sense was cake walk for me. In short, I delighted in living dangerously and I strode the world like Gulliver in the land of Lilliputians.

Suddenly wisdom dawned on me under some nondescript tree. I realized that it took a lot of courage to be ordinary in a land where everyone tried to be extraordinary. I realized the futility of persisting with my costly aspirations when my singularity failed to deliver. I could see that a plain life with no frills could be as much fun as bungee jumping. All that was needed was a slight shift in my mindset. Now the manicured lawns beckon me with the same exciting possibilities as the vast prairies. The feeling of adventure is a very private one. The fat bees know it. And I know it too!
    Sri

7 people like this.
  10. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Lol - sorry for not having got that bit, as intended. :)

thank you A' - I got it wrong, sorry.