1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Bad Worker Always Blames His Tools

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

People can generally be classified into two groups. Those who have talents and those who have not. A really talented person succeeds in his work. He makes use of his abilities properly and achieves good results. He is confident of doing his work. He uses his tools in the right way, even if they are not excellent. For example there is an adage in Tamil, “ Vallavanukku pullum aayutham.” வல்லவனுக்குப் புல்லும் ஆயுதம்.

At the same time, if a badly talented person even if given excellent tools, fails to achieve good results. His talents are limited. He tries to find lame excuses for his failure to achieve good results. He blames his tools for the bad work he has done. For this person also there is another adage,”Aada maattaathavalukku koodam konalaam.” ஆடமாட்டாதவளுக்கு கூடம் கோணலாம்.

If someone after tasting a dish says that the salt is a bit more or it is too sour, a person like me will make an excuse saying the Tata Salt is the culprit or the Andhra tamarind. Normally Andhra tamarind is sour and Tumkur tamarind is less sour and a bit sweet.

If I can’t concentrate on meditation and blame that the environment is not suitable I am to be blamed, but not the environment. When a person can chat on whatsapp in a crowded place why can’t she/he meditate in house at puja room or at a place where she/he can spend a few minutes alone.

Finding excuses for any task we can’t accomplish is very easy, but if we have the willpower, perseverance and determination we will be successful.

Kamalji, Anu14 and kkrish like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Well said ma'am.
    Actually when folks admit that the fault is theirs, there are more chances of getting help and usually we respect them for their honesty.
    On the contrary, when people place the blame on others, we all know that these are flimsy excuses.

It is easier to change ourselves because we are in control.

3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

success always depends on the will ,but not on the means.

Sun -God is the LIVE example for this .

4. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

Oh god the salt example made me feel like hiding :persevere: I always do that - it's a new packet of salt, it's not salty enough, blah blah blah.. I never somehow admit I was not paying attention while cooking!

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear kkrish,

Thank you for dropping in and posting the first fb.

Generally it is human tendency not to admit fault. As far as possible people will try to give false excuses. There are very few who are bold enough to admit fault.

Our egoist mind feels it is humiliating to admit fault.

PS

kkrish likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Anu,
    Welcome to IL and glad to receive your fb.
    Ps

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear @WorriesTooMuch,
    OMG! Don't keep worrying too much! Take everything as it comes and try to take it easy. Less salt or more salt once in a while is not going to create health problem.
    Admitting our fault and saying I will be more careful will enhance our image in the mind of the complainant.
    PS

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpaji
    Thanks for yr concern.was caught up in some work .
    Agreed with u.that if we want we can do many things. It is useless blaming the tools.
    Well said.
    Regards
    Kamal

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa.We have heard of this proverb hundreds of times.Yet human ego does not allow him to admit his shortfall.At least if it stops blaming tata salt,tumkur tamarind or virudunadar dals, it is ok.
    When we try to cover up the faults committed by our children ,it is a crime.In studies or behaviour train your children to accept.When we parents point out fingers at others, children take advantage of the situation and shift the blame easily on others.They start saying' I missed the first rank because the teacher was partial.I didn't miss my pen.Some X stole etc etc.
    This blame game continues for generations.

jayasala 42

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

@Kamalji
    Dear Kamalji,
    Normally it is human tendency to cover up their short comings. Our ego stops us to accept it.
    PS