1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Bad Daughter-in-law For A Change!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by varalotti, Mar 2, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

hi creeper,
    thanks. Yes there are sons like that too. Though a majority of them are like your DH, there are sons who go with their wives. Especially if the dil is a relatively strong personality.
    I admire your patience in dealing with your mil. In the process you have won over both your mil and your DH. I am proud of you creeper.
    love,
    sridhar

2. creeper

creeper Senior IL'ite

hi sridhar,
    thanks for your compliments..

3. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

hello
    it is a universal problem.if inlaws do not depend on their son for financial assitence dil not respecting them and son supporting the
    wife, If at all need arises from son for physical help
    what should the parents do?[ they have onlychild]
    can any body enlighten me on this issue
    subbiWitsend

4. beautygal

beautygal Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

I have been reading various posts on how MILs and FIls are suffocating their DILs throughout. But does anybody think what if you are on the other side, i mean, what a MIL or a FIL goes through if their grown up children become indifferent towards them.

My parents are victims of such a kind. With four grown up sons( three of them married), today there is no one to take care of them. Till date, my father, who is 70 yrs old is going to office to take care of his expenses and my mother who is 65 yrs old, cooks so all of them sit and eat without even helping her to do anything. My second brother(married) is staying with them only to be a pain in the neck for them. His wife has gone to her mother's place, saying "Its too hot in Chennai for her and her children". The other three brothers are all settled outside Chennai. They "cant do anything for their parents since they are not in Chennai".

My question is today when my parents are in their old age no one comes and looks after them, but one day when they are no more, these same people will come down running for their money and claim their assets...how can anyone justify this?

5. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Your parents should kick him out.
    What do you expect? Your SIL should never visit her parents? Isn't it normal for daughters to visit their parents during summer vacations?
    Nobody know what will happen in future. Your brothers might or might not come running for the property. if they do, then no it's not fair. In any case, daughters are also legal heirs and you also have a share in the property irrespective of whether you are looking after them or not.

6. beautygal

beautygal Senior IL'ite

Going to mother's place is absolutely essential for all daughters, but going exactly the day after the maid is on leave for a month, going exactly when relatives are coming the next day (for a week)???

I stay in Dubai and I have begged them to come and stay with me, but my parents are not ready to leave their house and come over and stay with their "beti".

Irrespective of whether a daughter has a share or not, I am not going to ask them for anything, all I want is my parents should lead a respectful life till they are alive.

7. beautygal

beautygal Senior IL'ite

another thing, my second brother has two children aged 2.5yrs and 6 months old, so they are not going to school and vacations could have been planned at any time of the year.