1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A→b And B→a

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 26, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

"For God's sake, let's us leave now. It will take us 6 hours to get there and we'll get less time there if you take so long to leave." That is this BH complaining to her BH. We are going on a holiday. The BH, as is his wont takes his own sweet time. It must be sweet, given the way he lingers when doing anything. He seems to take time as much for granted as he does me - he is so confident that neither I nor time would leave him or let him down. Good for him. I am not so sure, though. I am getting as jumpy as a cat on hot bricks.

Finally, we are on our way. He drives slowly. I am not complaining - better safe than sorry, but we get less way at our destination. I am still doing a fair imitation of the above-mentioned cat on hot bricks. "Calm down," he says. "Look around. It is so beautiful". Oh yes, it is beautiful, but we still get to our destination late and we shall be missing out on our time there. "The journey matters as much as the destination," he tells me. Good quote. Not that I disagree, but it is not in my nature to see life like that. Is it a coincidence that my surname starts with an 'A' and his with a 'B'? It describes our personalities so perfectly.

The years pass by. We are travelling another route by car. I want to stop to take a picture of a bird. The BH refuses. I keep pestering him at the sight of every bird. But no, we are getting late and we have to reach our destination before sunset.

Sigh! 'A' has turned to 'B' and 'B' to 'A'. Or he is growing up while I am entering my second childhood.

Jokes apart, I have learned an important lesson - "The journey matters as much as the destination." Live and enjoy every moment in the journey of life and the rest will all fall into place.

peddadas, Balajee, SunPa and 10 others like this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

[QUOTE="satchitananda, post: 3977122, member: 132899]
    Live and enjoy every moment in the journey of life and the rest will all fall into place.[/QUOTE]

Above lines are true and I want to add one more line. Enjoy, rewind happy/sweet/good memories and forget bad/unworthy moments in the journey of life....:)

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks Mistt. Yes, that is also an important tip. A little effort from our side, our mind helps by preferring good memories over the bad ones.

sindmani and Mistt like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda
    My dear Satchi
    More than a decade back, I had written a post on the necessity to take time. I had concluded it saying 'In our relentless pursuit of happiness, let us pause for while and just be happy'. You now say
    Destination no doubt is important but let us not forget the beautiful route it opens for us to explore.
    Sri

SunPa, shyamala1234 and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

So true CS. Your words remind me of the poem by William Henry Davies:

What is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.
    No time to stand beneath the boughs
    And stare as long as sheep or cows.
    No time to see, when woods we pass,
    Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
    No time to see, in broad daylight,
    Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
    No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
    And watch her feet, how they can dance.
    No time to wait till her mouth can
    Enrich that smile her eyes began.
    A poor life this if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hey, very nice :thumbsup:@satchitananda.
    Humorous, yet you made me think how we change over the years.

You turned from A to B eh?

I remember another quote : "Youth is always in a hurry as if it has no time left; old age takes it very slow as if it has all the time in the world ". What irony! :)

7. satchitananda

Very true Kamala. We do change over the years. Changing from A to B made my life easier - I find it easier to live with myself. Unfortunately for the BH, he turned to A (in some matters only). So I passed on my worries to him. Which is alright. What is the use of marrying otherwise, eh? :lol:

One more irony is the fact that youth is always in a hurry as if it has no time left and then gets bored because there is so much time to get bored, not knowing what to do with it! As for old age, it takes things slow as if it has all the time in the world, and yet, it is then that time seems to be so fleeting that days merge into weeks, weeks into months and months into years. All this in the blink of an eye!

sindmani likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Absolutely yes.
    Journey is as important as destiny.
    Need not be long journey. Evend a single day consists of so many small small incidents which make us happy. Destination looks worthwhile with a pleasant journey.
    Syamala

9. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Syamala. :) Besides involvement in every single moment makes life a lot easier, simply because there is no scope for worrying about the future or regretting the past. In fact there is no past and no future. Only the present exists.

Anisu likes this.
  10. Doree

Doree Platinum IL'ite

Nice one Satchi. Time brings in surprising changes ... Nice quote "Journey is equally important as the destination" I always enjoy scenic views while driving and capturing that moment from that point on the road is really difficult but when I see a nice click it brings a :) I do enjoy my journeys living in the moment and wish I don't reach my destination soon.