#_musings

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kaniths, May 30, 2018.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

'Hash Dash Musings'. :blush:

For all the #Other_Things_Enjoyed dumps (that doesn't align with Futurology or Gabfest threads). :grinning:

A5ADE3D8-3908-47C5-99E3-BA32CCDC9149.jpeg

Lol. Happy Clipping / Digital Hoarding whatever! :facepalm:

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    satchitananda and Gauri03 like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

New thread by Ms K! Last proper one was over 2 years ago, wasn't it? #beer_toast :beer-toast1:

kaniths likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm a troglodyte when it comes to Twitter lingo. Never quite got the idea behind hashtags. Perhaps this is my opportunity to try out my hashtagging chops. Starting with, what else, #TheExpanseLives! :D

The Expanse moves to Amazon from season 4. MCRN Jeff Bezos to the rescue! Kidding aside, The Expanse is the closest to what is called hard science fiction to come out in a very long time, and for the most part it has fantastic production values. The only show with older women playing powerful central characters. It is as good as if not better than the early seasons of Battlestar Galactica. It's a tragedy when shows like this have to struggle to stay on air while garbage like the Bachelor(-ette) and Quantico keep getting renewed season after season. When I heard of the cancellation my first reaction was, "Oh no! Not another Firefly." Not that the Browncoats didn't try but the Internet just wasn't the same force that it is today. That one hurts to this day. I am so chuffed the fan community got together to fight for this series. It's my favorite show on TV right now. Jeff Bezos made the announcement himself so I'm hoping this one will stay on air for at least a couple more seasons. :thumbup:

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

To save you the trouble of (not) finding a proper space to move my posts from elsewhere! :icon_pc: :facepalm: Here and go on now! :partyhat: :grinning-smiley-048: :lol:

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Clink clink #Chu-Hi(s) and lemon pops you mean? Lol, No thanks! :sweatsmile:

As in...

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tonguewink:

6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

When it first aired, I got curious about how communication will work in intergalactic spaces as they showed. So I googled and, found it is indeed possible. And many other physics accuracies, Kudos to the show! :thumbsup:

Deep Space Optical Communications (DSOC) | Space Technology: Game Changing Development.

[​IMG]

What can I say? Love love the micro perfectionism! Total awesomeness! :hearteyes:

[​IMG]

(^ I wonder too!) (Wish he hadn't)
    I (will) miss Miller. :relaxed:

Well, science is hard. Drama isn't. :wink::grinning:

:beer-toast1:

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Gauri03 likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Whhhat! :laughing: Peter no likes! ;)

:hearteyes::hearteyes: Lol. #TGIT :grin::tonguewink:

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#Great_Beer_Flood!

FF53FF72-A379-4C94-90A3-B9A1B4B3D227.jpeg

GenK has lot to catch up on #History I guess! :sweatsmile: (That is if I'm not high on bikes and beers myself!) :tonguewink::blush:

3AEE0F97-6B5C-4A5A-AFF4-0E91368BDFBB.jpeg

Maayon likes this.
  9. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

#supersleuthishere - is what I would change my profile name to , if I could
    There are companies out there to help you better hashtag (go figure!!)

@gauri , Expanse caught my eye - but for couple of episodes - moved too slow and is too much not needed drama , so moved onto Altered Carbon which I liked much better . So in the recent times , my much liked series is sense8 - the idea that you could be connected other lives and live through them seemed really fascinating. Started lost in space it is much #meh . I am not buying the we can travel through galaxies but have not come across an alien life so far and can travel through space but do not have top class AI .

@kaniths - welcome your fellow hoarder . not sure what is on garb fest ? But this thread might be my perfect spot .
    Dinklage reminded me of this :

And that reminded of this “Mokiki”:

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  10. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

@kaniths following up our conversation about earth houses : termite mounds I think are perfect earth houses ,the engineering that these lil things put into it is absolutely mind blowing:

satchitananda and kaniths like this.