1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

6 Year Old Got Glasses !

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 24, 2018.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

help.

My 6 year old got glasses. I have been busy with my now 2 year old my husband has never been home busy with 2 jobs so I did let my daughter have a little more tv than she should. But I feel aweful. Neither me nor my husband nor my whole family sisters and parents had glasses in our whole life. I feel aweful. What can I do now. ? Anyone have such experiences?

Her power is .50 so far but she says she can’t see even the clock without them. Any remedies. Are there any chances of them going away if she uses them regularly. ?

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

She’s saying her friend said if we tell lies our eyes will go away and she’s telling me she doesn’t lie. I felt like crying when she said this.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

My son got glasses when he was 5. He had +power and by 18, his sight got normalised and now he doesn't wear glasses. It is quite common these days. Don't be guilty or disturbed. Improve her vitamin intake with nutritious food, especially the vit. A (carrots, spinach etc)

I have heard about 'Eye Yoga'. You could give it a try as it will definitely help in strengthening her eye muscles.

Take care.

stayblessed likes this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi Geetha can you tell me how did your sons power get corrected by itself. Even my daughter is wearing glasses.. I also feel aweful like the op. How do I ensure that my second kid doesn't get classes. We are vegetarians. So fish is not an option. I make carrots regularly but then my kids don't eat raw carrots.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@EagerForInfo don't be hard on yourself.. my son was prescibed one by a leading hospital it was .5 i presume..this was when he was 6, before the smartphone times, and he was into reading with torch ..

Then i took him to my optho and the first thing she did was remove the glasses, after examination and discussed about eating healthy food, reading with proper liģht. He is not wearing them till date though he goes to her and asks for one plain glasses at least lol.

Eat right, sleep well, posture and tv time and check the distances.

And this is something we suggest to many
    In the last 28 yrs, have seen wonderful improvements many times.
    School for Perfect Eyesight

If you can get a appointment try it..if not google for their exercise videos.. recently a couple of friends went and feel the change

.5 is something that can be reversed in my opinion but needs effort and cooperation of the whole.family..

All the best..

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

His power was on the + side. This progressively decreases on its own. -power doesn't. Nutrition is the key for maintaing any aspect of health. Hereditary defect can not be helped. But lately, due to pollution and adultration also I am told children have more issues.

stayblessed likes this.