1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

6 Week Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sangeetha1982, Aug 1, 2016.

1. sangeetha1982

sangeetha1982 Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,

This forum has tremendously benefited me in the past in my weight loss journey. I am back again, after may be about 5 yrs and another child to start the journey again.

My objective with this 6 week challenge is to develop good exercise and eating habits to kick start the weight loss process and to get fitter. I have been reading lots of research that suggests it roughly takes about 6 weeks to establish and follow a habit (which will hopefully set for life). This explains the 6 week time line.

I plan to work out every single day for the next 6 weeks and eat as healthy as possible. I plan to document my meals (and anything and everything I eat) and the exercises I practice everyday for the next 6 weeks. I welcome anyone interested to join me in this journey.

I weighed in myself this morning and I weighed 188 lbs! So that is my starting weight. I will report my weight on every Monday morning. That way it be easier for anyone interested to see any changes and progress!

All the very best to us!!

PLK and Laks09 like this.

2. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

I would like to join you. I weigh almost same as you, but am 44. I have hypothyroidism, PCOS, carcaneal spur...but will give it a try...
    all the best to us..

3. sangeetha1982

Hi PLK!

Welcome! All the very best to us!

Did you manage to start today or are you planning on starting sometime during the week? Please share your diet and workout routine everyday if possible, so we can gain inspiration from one another! :)

PLK likes this.
  4. sangeetha1982

Exercise: 20 mins on the treadmill (16 mins walking and 4 mins running)

Breakfast: 1 bowl of Organic Cocoa Bunnies cereal with Skimmed milk with 1 cup coffee
    Mid morning snack: 1 cup coffee
    Lunch: 1 medium bowl of rice with milagu rasam
    Evening Snack: 1 cup coffee with 2 HoneyMaid Graham crackers
    Dinner: 1 small bowl of rice (with okra, sweet potato sambhar and buttermilk)
    Water: 8 cups of regular water and 1 cup hot water in the night

I had initially planned to walk for 30 mins (24 mins walking and 6 mins running), but at around 15 mins (when I finished the third round of running) I was panting like a maniac! So i decided to take it slow, since knowing how my mind works..I know if I overdo it today, then there is a high chance I might not even go close to the treadmill or do any form of exercise tomorrow. So slow, steady and CONSISTENT is the key.

My objective before the end of the week is: Increase to 25 mins on the treadmill, AND give up the mid morning coffee.

PLK likes this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,

6 weeks challenge seems to be challenging!! I never knew that to establish and practice a habit it might take 6 weeks!!! I m also under a weight loss program.. I would love to join u.. Let me also cultivate the max possible fitter benefits with this 6 weeks challenge!

All the best to us!

sangeetha1982 likes this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Aug-1:
    -------
    bf: 1 dosa & coffee
    lunch: 2 pulkas & butter paneer masala
    eve: coffee
    dinner: 1 chappathi & half cup poha

walking : 30 mins
    water : 3 litres

7. sangeetha1982

Hi Divya!

Welcome! Wow! You have already lost 10kgs! Awesome! I am already motivated looking at your weight loss so far! And yumm..i am also already drooling at the thought of that paneer butter masala from your lunch yesterday! It is my favorite-est dish ever! I am going to make it on Friday or Saturday for sure! :yum:

8. 2bkind

2bkind Silver IL'ite

Hi, Sangeetha, PLK and Divya..
    I would also like to join you ladies. I was thinking on similar lines. I really want to get into a diet and fitness routine before all the festivals start. Else I will be in big trouble with my weight goals for this year.
    Currently I weigh about 76 Kg or 168 lbs. Will update every wednesday on my weight.
    I will start updating my diet and exercise updates from tomorrow.
    All the best to us.:cheer:

creativemind23 and sangeetha1982 like this.
  9. sangeetha1982

Hi 2bkind!
    Welcome! Looking forward to your updates! Love the cheer leader emoticon! :D

2bkind likes this.
  10. Sairam2311

Sairam2311 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha and BDivya,
    I also want to join you girls in this challenge. I desperately want to lose 10 kgs. I'll mainly watch my diet with more focus on healthy options and cutting down sugar. initially my aim is to walk/jog for 30 mins.

All the best to us :)

sangeetha1982 likes this.