1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

51 Years Of Friendship

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 31, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You must have heard about 50 years of Wedding Anniversary but rarely we get opporunity to be friendly for 51 years. On 26th July was my office friend's birthday.So I phoned him to wish and he was very happy and he toldme he will come home. I was also very happy to hear that because he stays far. He asked me whether I will be free on Sunday. I said ya and told him to come for lunch , he said he will come in th emorning , so I told him to come for breakfast. He told me he will phone me and will be here by 10 a.m.

So I was waiting for today because I will be meeting him after many years. When I came from Hyderabad imediately I got a job through my boss's recommendation in our sister company. Me and this friend were staying in the same place . So we used to go to office after getting down from the train at VT to office and we were working in accounts department. Everyone knew about our friendship and noone suspected anything. Even our boss knew and whenever I had to sit late boss used to say why worry he will drop you home. Even late night he has dropped me home. When he got married I only kept the name for his wife as after marriage they change the name.

Morning I made Ven pongal and Chakkarai pongal. It started raining heavily, so I thought he might not come. But at 8.50 he phoned saying he has started . They came in car. I thought since it is raining they will be late. But at 9.50 they came. Surprising that he never phone dto ask the route to come to our house and reached . He said I wanted to celebrate our 51 years friendship , so I thought why not start from you. So sweet of him. In heavy rain also he did not cancel the trip and he was saying must say thanks to his wife that she did not cancel. They brought a lovely saree, laddoo and alu wadi made by his wife. He wanted to go to another friend's house in Thane but due to rain did not go and phoned and told her Then I told about another friend who is near only and he said phone and tell her but dont say I am coming with you. But she did not pick up the phone . Whenwe went there she could not recognise frist as she is seeing him after many years. She was so happy and thanked me for bringing them. Her husband also joined us and we had a good time cherishing about the sweet memories in office life.

Long live our friendship
    # A deep friend is like rainbow, when the perfect amount of happiness and tears r mixed, the result is a colorful bridge between 2 hearts .

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Wow............... So happy to listen to this.

You are really gifted mami.. with so many people who love you so much around u...:)

iyerviji and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

What else to say vijima..its sheer blessings to your good heart and efforts you invest in relationships.
    Long live this friendship and all the other relationships that are close to your heart.
    Amazingly feel good post. So happy I read it.

iyerviji and jskls like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I also have one such friend from my childhood days. After completing S.S.L. C. she got married in 1959 and went to Bombay.Her husband was a mechanical engineer in Railways.They saw so many transfers.After 37 years I met her in Chennai.Her daughter married a Christian boy and I signed as a witness.While the entire group of relatives stood against the wedding, myself and my husband whole heartedly supported since the boy was highly educated, simple and humble and well employed in US Embassy.
    They have settled in Hyd but visit Chennai often, stay with us for a day or two.We exchange childhood memories, all stories about our village.
    Now she has got so many health problems-sugar,pressureUndergone Bye-pass. suffers from low vision.Yet make it a point to come home as we can be very free only in our house and not in her daughter's residence.
    Viji, I can very well relate to your feelings on the day you met your old friend.

Jayasala 42

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima, that sounds so nice. It is very rare to have such lasting friendships and those who do really have a treasure.

iyerviji and jskls like this.
  6. rajkumarxxx

rajkumarxxx Bronze IL'ite

Felt great to read your five decades long friendship !!

iyerviji likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima, Wow feels so good to read about your friendship. You are blessed and gifted with such a long loving relationship. Congrats on 51 years of friendhip.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vani dear for the first feedback and sorry for the late reply. Yes dear by God's grace I am gifted to get love from many people

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the post and thanks for your good wishes. Yes dear its God's and elder's blessings to get love .

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad toknow you met your childhood friend after 37 years. It feels so good to meet after many years. Glad you signed as witness for her daughter's marriage.