5 weeks pregnant no sac seen in uterus

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyashetty18, Feb 15, 2012.

1. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

I am exactly 5 weeks from my lat LMP with positive pregnancy test. There was no sac seen in the uterus and the doctors suspect it could be ectopic pregnancy. My blood Hcg yesterday was 877.

Whoever is pregnant or was pregnant can please let me know if a sac was seen for you by 5weeks of pregnancy also what was your hcg around that time. Guys Please please reply. I am really worried.

If it is ectopic what signs should I be looking for to go into emergency.

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi divya

First try to be cool.
    what scanning did you undergo?sometimes the sac would not be visible through normal scanning.So make sure they had scanned you trough uterus which is more accurate than that of scan done on stomach.

Lets hope for the best.

3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

5 weeks is too early to see the sac...first be cool and go to doctor after 1 week.. i am also 6 weeks pregnant now but i didnt check with doctor so far because it gives unnecessary tension ..i really do not want to stress myself so i have appointment by 8th week...thats what i am telling it is too early to see anything...stay cool

4. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi divya!
    It depends whether you had an internal(transvaginal) or abdominal scan.For if you had the former you would have seen the sac.if abdominal scan it is difficult.The level of hcg varies 18-7340u/ml is normal.Do you have bleeding,side abdominal pain etc..(other pointers to ectopic,).Repeat scan after 1-1.5 week.take care.
    radha

5. klp1020

klp1020 New IL'ite

hi dear,
    Don't worry. First of all try to cool down urself. i am convincing u this much as i've undergone ectopic pregnancy 2 yrs before.
    Signs of ectopic pregnancy
    1. Pain in hip and thighs.
    2. u cud not walk or move freely.
    3. May feel a death like pain in your abdomen and the sorrounding region.
    4. may feel vomitting symptoms, nausea etc.,

I felt all these symptoms from my 40th day. But i thought whether it might be of heat, i got stomach pain. At the last moment(just before an hour for my right fallopian tube to broken down. If it happened, i would be no more now.) i consulted the lady doctor. she admitted immediately after the interior scanning(II time i was scanned after the normal scan). I was advised to not to move a bit. i was operated at the next hour. i was rescued safe. These all happen at my 60th day.

If u feel any one of these symptoms, plz go and consult a gud gynaecologists. No doctor should say just ectopic pregnancy. You should be advised to undergo further treatment. if your doctor did not do so, consult someother best.

dont worry.

Some prayer tips:

1. pray Garparakshambika devi at Thirukarukkavoor. She is responsible for your baby. You expose all about these problems in front of her, just like you said here. She will save u and your baby. She will come and stay as your foetus.
    2. Say "aditya hrithayam" every early morning 9 times.
    3. Offer PURE HONEY to lord krishna and Sun. And take that sacred offering at your empty stomach.
    4. Before all these things, pray your house deity.

ALL THE BEST my dear

6. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

did the doctor checked for HCG?
    if it is ectopic. hcg should not double evry 48 hrs(in normal pregnancy HCg level will be doubled for every 48hrs)

7. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much guys for your support. It has given me little relief. Few more exact details. my last LMP was Jan 11. Did HPT at doctors clinic on Feb 9th, (4 weeks 1 day) which was weakly positive. The doctors started to look for the sac right from day 1 of positive HPT. Again I vsited them on Feb 14th ( 4 weeks 6 days) which was yesterday. The HPT was very dark, beta HCG 877 and no sac in the uterus. I was asked to some for scan today, which found no sac ( 5 weeks). Tomorrow HCG will be repeated.They are closely monitoring me every day. I wish they give atleat a gap of 1 week before next scan. Scanning every day from this early stage is putting me in tension. The doctors here say that sac should be visible by 5 weeks.This clinic has higly sophisticated ultrasound scanning machine. All the scns were vaginally.

Thank you so much KLP1020 for sharing your personal experience. Currently I do not have any pain and I am on 39th day. Did you have any scan done in the early stages of your pregnancy which also suspected ectopic preganancy.

8. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

as long as ur hcg doubles for evry 48hrs u dont need to worry...please stay cool...

9. klp1020

klp1020 New IL'ite

Hi divya dear,
    I had the scan only at my 60th day. 2 scans were taken. Nothing to worry. be cool. God is with you forever. i will pray for u. ok va?

10. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

HI Divya,

Please calm down and dont stress yourself.

What the doctor say is a normal case but everybody's body is not the same.

I have a friend she had the same issue last month. Her sac was visible only when she was 6 weeks and 5 days.
    As long as your HCG count doubles there si no issue.

So pray to God he will surely be with you.

Take care dear.

Reagdrs
    Malar