5 weeks pregnant, No sac seen in the uterus

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by divyashetty18, Feb 15, 2012.

1. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

I am exactly 5 weeks from my lat LMP with positive pregnancy test. There was no sac seen in the uterus and the doctors suspect it could be ectopic pregnancy. My blood Hcg yesterday was 877.

Whoever is pregnant or was pregnant can please let me know if a sac was seen for you by 5weeks of pregnancy also what was your hcg around that time. Guys Please please reply. I am really worried.

If it is ectopic what signs should I be looking for to go into emergency.

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi divyashetty...

did you have an ultrasound so early?

the reason i am asking this is because; i remember my doc telling me over and over again (due to the same doubt if my pregnancy was ectopic; because my hcg was not doubling and increased by some 50 percent) that until the hcg levels touch 1000- they will not be able to see anything in the scan.

the same thing happened with my cousin- her first test's hcg level was 850 and doctor checked her hcg level again if it had touched 1000 so that he can carry an ultrasound.

so maybe that could be a possible reason. did you repeat your blood hcg test? they said if it doesnt double (they even take a 60 percent increase acceptable); they doubt if it is ectopic. but then i am an example; my hcg wasnt increasing the way my doc wanted and my pregnancy is all ok (***touchwood, upto today***)

so dont you worry. please discuss this possibility with your doctor and request for a scan in a week or so. i am sure you will find the sac and the heartbeat. all the best