1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3s-spouse, Shawl & Sister-in-law

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 3, 2019.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,

A nice write-up as always. I think you should start posting personal photographs henceforth so that we can check how close we are in grasping the details in your narratives.:) I am now getting too impatient; I want to see Mrs T's photograph asap.:grinning:

All of us entangle ourselves with some materialistic things and it takes years to make peace with the loss. When my Amma bought me my first saree, I was too particular about the design and other details as I wanted to keep it for a life time. It was a black and white saree with beautiful prints all over and a grand border and pallu. I wore it rarely and I simply loved it. One day after washing it, I had put it up for drying in the bedroom and some damn thief stole it through the open window! It took me years to come to terms with the loss. As I type, I am going through those emotions all over once again!:disrelieved:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Afresh, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Your demand for posting here mrs. T’s shows how closely you read the lines and in between the lines too.
    2. In black and white days whatever happened or and we experienced those are helpful to guide protect and defend and preserve us. You lost what was close to your heart. I am sad about it . It is a wrong trigger.
    3. Such treasures whether gifted or bequeathed always remains precious. My mother with us used to play “Pallam kuzhu” in a wooden split plank with seven holes on each plank. and she would remember after several rounds of the game to clear first the right one to finally gather all chozhiz. This wooden piece is beautifully carved and engraved is still in our show case.
    4. You had mentioned theft and that reminds a theft that had taken place in my home. It has triggered me to write and post a story! The clever thief visited night around 3am done beautiful work emptied the left overs kept in the fridge quenched his thirst and hunger took away from cupboard some cash, expensive wrist watch, debit cards, an album of over few hundreds of postage stamps from world over (am philatelist from my school days) and a small bag containing coins of some 100 years old. But He left five or six Jared silk sarees freshly washed and steam rolled kept in a travel bag close to the cupboard untouched. I had hell of time to organise following day welding reinforcements to protect our home. Hurried to bank to hot lists debit cards.
    5. Thanks for appreciation.
    Regards.
    God has destined that one’s loss is someone’s gain. Willinilly one has to accept this fact.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:God that is fantastic.
    2. Two things comes to mind. The top one music soothing more close to rhythm in Carnatic music Rag kadanakudhukalam suitable too to western dance.
    3. When we weave with love we get entangled ! Thanks to Kenil Worth!!!
    4. Second unforgettable incredible lyrics with lilting music more favourable for waltz on a smooth glossy floor in a huge Shakespearean day’s arched airy hall with tall lighted candles in side huge chandeliers.
    5. I enjoyed the music video in whole. Thanks.
    They spoke a volume!
    Thanks & Regards.
    God loves music in praise of Him too.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

A delightful snippet @Thyagarajan sir.
    Your writings are a timecapsule just opened and we get fabulous glimpes of life during yesteryears.

Afresh and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

While all the IL members have a different take on your writing about a simple shawl, my crooked brain works overtime to find out why do you have this craving for this three word title in all your snippets posted here- secret, sentimental , serious.
    Whatever may be the reason, still your name belonging to one of the pious devotee of Sri Rama, Sri Thyagarajar swamigal, it immediately evokes a feeling of Bhakthi for spiritually inclined people like us. Simple shawl it may be- but the way you have embellished with your superb style of writing- kudos to you!

Agatha83

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:
    :confundio1:Splitting hairs to answer your query or curiosity.
    2. Yes it is good to be curios. I mean the title.
    3. Padmasri Sujatha - the writer writes about story writing. I think it was serialised in tamil magazine Kumudam. He & I are old boys of MIT. I LOVE his style. Perhaps the reason for three words titles - I owe him.
    He writes title should be gripping short, indicative and rouse curiosity. So you are right that it is secret yet revealing, Sensational yet awesome and serious yet a semblance of simplicity. Example:
    3m – Me, Mom & Milk
    4. An (ir)relevant quote of Oscar Wide comes to mind:
    MEN MARRY BECAUSE THEY ARE (RE)tired
    Women because they are CURIOUS
    BUT in the end both are
    Disappointed.

5. For my name - whatever you had mentioned, I must thank my parents & their parents. They were enchanted with Carnatic music in the court of Mysore Maha Raja Chamraja....something.

6. Yes I do agree - My name triggers thoughts of Saint Thyagaraja Swamigal to many music lovers.
    7. I too love to be enthralled to rendering of his Keerthanas by exponents like Amma MS, Sudha, Priya sisters, Aruna Sairam, Sowmya and also love listening to my own singing those compositions but certainly not for others!

8. Celestial sage Narada gave the book ” Svaranavam “ to him & blessed him. He began with first composition “namo namo raghavaya ” in RAGAM “Desiya Toodi”.
    But I was inspired to write by my son and Spouse - In three word captions - got published in a popular daily! For me my son is SAGE NARADA!

Sincere Thanks from bottom of my heart for your appreciation that stands out.

Regards.

God bestows Godspeed to all noble endeavours irrespective of gender, age & weight (BMI)!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Oh. You had termed my writings very aptly TIME CAPSULE WHICH I SIMPLY LOVE IT.
    THANKS for your compliments.
    Regards.
    God has stashed many time capsules for woe- men to open in few years, Decades later, centuries later and so on.

kkrish likes this.
  8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thygarajan,
    The most painful experience is taking charge of the house keys and searching for them on return,early morning.Visualise people rushing to the rest room when the keys are found and the door opened.You will face the combined assault of the family members.You decide that you will never take the responsibility again but forget this resolve next time'
    Regards
    SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

I quite agree with your statement.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God bless all keys
    upload_2019-4-9_17-30-17.jpeg