1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3s-spouse, Shawl & Sister-in-law

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@messedup
    Clicking or tapping the LIKE is good but that does necessarily establish that you had read but viewed. Fortunately there is no dislike button yet.
    2. But I thank you from bottom of my heart for the kind act of dropping in here.
    3. If & only if it is convenient kindly record your comments and healthy criticisms that I value.
    Regards.
    God Bless all those who click LIKE & blesses more those who choose to comment or throw brickbats and or bouquets.

messedup likes this.
  2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Sorry for not posting the reply earlier. Forgetting something is a common thing but the way you and your wife had taken this is really admirable. Everytime I read your post I always feel more respect for you. :worship2:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

“Reader or Folloer” means never feel the necessity to express “sorry”.
    2. Thanks for making that concluding line in the comment. Truly tear-jerking.
    Regards.
    God turns vision blurred with welled up eyes at some super riveting sentences.

messedup likes this.
  4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hazard to be the messenger of hurtful news, but never the negligent news to a partner. The thoughtful lies an average human indulges in to cover up their remiss with umbrellas and keys is astonishing. I left them at that place, will fetch tomorrow. You have been the victim of a shawl rather.

These flippant lies are not the knee-jerk white lies. But I deem them as well-intended "gedoog" lies rooted in the same gedogen of the Dutch laws on narcotics (toleration of casual offences). White lies are insignificant whereas my nuanced "gedoog" lies are opportunistic indiscretions to uphold the harmony in a family -- lies we tell each other in a family not to further upset the father who has not a hair left after Indian lost a match or the sister who haven't a fingernail to her name awaiting that call from her high school crush. Not the right time to exacerbate the uncharitable situation with our careless losses. My sanctioned gedoog stems from the divergent belief of that original Dutch statute indicated as "consideration of interests to yield to an identifiable greater cause."

Your lost shawl could definitely petition for refuge under the gedoog pretense.

Even if your SIL blurted the truth at her bridal parting of never having appropriated a shawl from you, Thyagu, the nervous miscreant at earshot, your wife would have grasped, the trivial lies companions bandy for the 'identifiable greater cause' which is tranquility at home over ethical conundrums in Kantian philosophy.

In a hurry, I read that as "eyetexted", as in, smitten weds conveying a flirty banter through eye movements. Swift blink: I miss you like crazy. Twitched blink: I miss you rabid crazy amidst the crowd. But the zamaana set in your post is not for any weds to imply anything other than mote in the eye through eye-text in public. Backtracked to read that as proper kohl.

The edgy Dutch who have fed us notions like that gedoog also conjured up the celebratory "3 cheek kiss" to greet friends unlike the rest of the West practicing single or one-on-each cheek kiss. Therefore, the aligned Dutch would not mind you revising any of their gedoog tactics for your soft fibbing upon your insistence that you too are a staunch adherent to their triple ideology.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Thyagarajan, messedup and Rihana like this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I read it all! and empathised with you for on a cold winter morning, in a Dilli bus, you were bound to lose the Pashmina!
    But my sympathies really go with your SIL...
    I wonder whether, she still is the one to blame and be on the receiving end of the elder Sis's cold vibes!! ,.....This is why i held my response ;)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:A phenomenal feed back at that. Thanks for this most memorable FB. It is true and thanks am excused under Laws of Natherland laws. When enforced it is yes it would have brought unpleasantness . Our Universal Guru Saint & Philosopher Thiruvalluvar devoted a chapter on when to & when not to speak lies. (Quote)
    Truth is defined as
    speaking words that cause no harm.
    Even a lie will be placed on par with the truth,
    if it yields unblemished benefits.

Do not lie consciously; once you lie so,
    your own conscience will sear you.
    One who, guided by his heart, lives without lies,
    will forever live in the hearts of all.
    One who tells the truth, with all his heart, is ahead of those
    who do penance and charity.
    No other fame equals not lying; without any physical strain
    it yields all virtues.
    Not lying, not lying, if practiced, makes it acceptable
    not to do, not to do other righteous deeds.
    Not lying, if practiced unfailingly, makes it worthwhile
    to refrain from not doing the righteous deeds.
    Water ensures cleanliness externally;
    truthfulness makes inner purity evident.
    External cleanliness is brought about by water; inner purity
    is evident in truthfulness.
    All light is not light; for noble scholars,
    truthfulness is the true light of enlightenment.
    Of all the known truths, there is nothing
    more significant than truthfulness.
    (Unquote)
    I presume Thiruvalluvar treaties known to Dutch authorities.
    EYETEX & Eyetexed : your comments adds to aesthetics of the corresponding text in my blog. Thanks to creative thinking.
    I enjoyed reading and re reading about Dutch Practice or notion of osculation your comments are well noted.

Heartfelt thanks.
    Regards.
    God too practised pleasant lies to create harmony.

7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Not at all because one conducive moment after several months, I disclosed to R how I had lost & why I bluffed & kept it secret for long.
    Thanks for your concern.
    Regards.:icon_pc:
    God too concerned with white lies and potential lies and future liers!

Afresh likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thyagi, you are beginning to get too specific in the directives to God in last line. : )

I read and enjoyed every line of the snippet. It is so lively and you seem to be a participant and observer at the same time. I hope whoever got the shawl treasured it as much.

You have a way with words. Always a pleasure to read. In under a 1000 words you narrate a lot and with so much verve.

God Bless all those who bought, gifted, received and found shawls. : )

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

On the one hand..
    [​IMG]

On the other hand...

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:When ever here some one call me “THYAGI” , I am reminded of my days in offices of north India for over three decades . In south India my alias is “ Thyagu” which you might have noticed in posts meant for me from senior moderator @Cheeniya . I heard so for the very first time with brotherly effect from him in response to 3m – Me, Mom & Milk
    . I am blessed by Bhishma AND HERE AM EVEN TODAY.
    2. In every breath I feel God and so naturally with little waywardness of the mind am naturally impelled to get back to that state or status. If my final text in each text is contextual it is sign some one pleased with it!,?.
    3. Thanks for appreciation which naturally boost to do more meticulously.
    4. I enjoyed a tad more reading the text of ultimate sentence.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God is great In granting - Akin to Oscar - reward or award as appreciation.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Rihana likes this.