1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3m – Me, Mom & Milk

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Besides my thread above, I am glad you had enjoyed reading other inputs - the outstanding one being that of Jayasala Madam. thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

:hello:@rgsrinivasan Thanks for your viewing the thread and would be glad to receive your comments with open arms.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.

3. Thyagarajan

:hello:your jotting ibid straight out from core of the heart and reading and re reading is tear jerking and raise goose bums. Thanks and Regards. God Bless Us All.

4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for the compliments.
    2. You are right. Many Modern metro children had never seen a cow or buffalow. They perhaps seen them in images or in videos or cinemas. For them 'A' for apple and 'B' for biscuit ...
    3. According to Hinduism, cow is very sacred for several reasons and a page is required to write about it. In rural India Cows are revered and divine. A day is dedicated during end of marghazhi month to embellish them in riot of colours & they are taken around a la pageantry.
    4. I wish I had included a line or two about Rangoli & Thirupavai. I attempted to only record here the status of yesteryears which I thoroughly enjoyed and in comparison with convenience & so called comfort, I always wonder why people now seen only in tearing hurry.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I think the cow couldn't bear her master's dishonesty and sent our a clear message that neither she nor the customer can be conned. Great narration.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you Humour Prince! If Govalu served suitable variety of Bharat kich(a)di that matched Lakumi's taste instead of cold hay, it would have probably saved the situation.
    Thanks for the compliments. Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

7. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Beautiful poignant narration..Gone are the days, when cows roamed the streets,with calves behind them..the sweet sounds of the bells from their necks ..What an era it was !

GeetaKashyap and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Hi! Jeeves. One will not be surprised, with your present rate of navigation of Indusladies, sure you would exhaust reading of all the snippets and gripping anecdotes of numerous IL'ites, including the feedbacks therein in a couple of weeks and arrive at fixing a benchmark for this open forum vis a vis other forums.
    2. I trust the anecdote in question had immersed you in nostalgia and perhaps helped you to visualise the Triplicane and Parathasarathy Temple six decades ago.
    3. you would probably visualize Presidency college at marina Beach of Chennai in the story

Glossing Over Subject Line

Thanks for your nice comments & compliments. Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan,

Mazaa aagaya! Fine narration by you and Jayasala ma'am. My father was fond of cattle and when we were kids we had a couple of cows at home. I remember my father lovingly feeding them and milking them. One of the best memories I have is of the cows and calves returning home with such enthusiasm after grazing in the fields by sunset (Godhuli time). Even my maternal grandparents had cattle at home. Your article refreshed the memories of their moos, tinkering bells and distinct smells!

10. Thyagarajan

:hello:That is picturesque and super panorama or shall I say landscape!! Your text of response shows the deptah of nostalgia that the anecdote in question brought to you.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All.