1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3m – Me, Mom & Milk

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Wonderful narration. Very enjoyable article . I can specially relate to it because of the interesting experiences we used to have in our grandparents native house which had four cows and somecalves . There were " cowboys" taking care of them and showing us the tricks of milking .
    poor govalu !
    You have great writing , narrating skills . Kudos.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is heartening to note, you could relate this anecdote with your childhood experience. Thanks for compliments. Regards. God Bless Us All.

3. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Kamalji thanks from bottom of my heart for your viewing the thread. Regards. God Bless Us All.

4. Thyagarajan

:hello:@iamsrihere I am glad that you had viewed the anecdote. Any comments welcome. Thank you. Regards. God Bless Us All.

5. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Sir, Sorry for not replying immediately. Was busy over the weekend,hence just liked the post. Very nice narration of 3Ms giving us youngsters a glimpse of your childhood/youth days. I consider myself to be a blessed member of this forum having a chance to learn many valuable life lessons from the posts (the original post and responses therein) of experienced senior members like you. I was moved by one such narration of our beloved member @jayasala42 as her reply to your post. I have nothing to tell but can only convey my respects and regards for all you gems of IL for imparting knowledge and wisdom for us younger generation. My Namaskarams to you.

Regards,
    Pavithra

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello::hello:Thanks. Madurai Meenakshi Ambal bestow you and rest of all your family members more of all sixteen virtues and grant you what ever best you could wish for yourself and rest of members of your family. Ref also(http://indusladies.com/community/threads/meenakshi-vs-ross-peter-hid-white-stallion.304456/ppet
    2. I am not senior but a toddler IL'ite and joined this forum sometime end July 2017.
    3. You are absolutely right about this forum as you get enriched with expertise and experience shared not only by seniors in membership but in age too but also other young folks mutually interested with genuine concern. @DrVandhana is one such who has been rendering yeoman service to all IL'ites approaching her through this forum by suitably advising the doubts and remedial measures suggesting medicines too. In my profile page, I had stated that this forum is a mine of information and one can get gleaming truths, facts and productive, informative, educative, illuminating learning.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.

7. Thyagarajan

:hello::hello:Thanks. Madurai Meenakshi Ambal bestow you and rest of all your family members more of all sixteen virtues and grant you what ever best you could wish for yourself and rest of members of your family. Ref also(http://indusladies.com/community/threads/meenakshi-vs-ross-peter-hid-white-stallion.304456/ppet
    2. I am not senior but a toddler IL'ite and joined this forum sometime end July 2017.
    3. You are absolutely right about this forum as you get enriched with expertise and experience shared not only by seniors in membership but in age too but also other young folks mutually interested with genuine concern. @DrVandhana is one such who has been rendering yeoman service to all IL'ites approaching her through this forum by suitably advising the doubts and remedial measures suggesting medicines too. In my profile page, I had stated that this forum is a mine of information and one can get gleaming truths, facts and productive, informative, educative, illuminating learning.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.
    :hello:@momsky thank you for viewing my thread and would be glad to see your comments posted here. regards. God Bless Us All.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting narrative Thyagarajan. Enjoyed reading it. Did not have any of these experiences where I grew up. An old lady would come and deliver freshly collected milk every morning. The only time I got to see some of this stuff was when we visited our native place in Kerala.

Jayasala Ma'am's narrative has embellished the OP. Such stories transport one to a past era which is difficult to even imagine now.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

you have beautifuly narrated Thiyagarajan. feel as if we are seeing the incident in person. jayaseela madams narration is so touching. we cannot see such touching scenes nowdays. We are living in flat kalaachaaram .People who keep cow and calf in their homes treat them as their children. Those days had gone.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

Amid ordinary Indian women who normally pamper their sons, all the while treating the daughters like an underdog, your mother stands tall, teaching you the basics of life including culinary skills and encouraging the daughter to pursue dance, which decades back was considered taboo. Your writing reminds me of the wonderful visuals of cinematographer Ashokkumar, who took ordinary Tamil movies to great heights by letting them know how a camera could speak a million words. Enjoyed your excellent narration and simple writing.

Agatha83

Thyagarajan likes this.