360 Feedback To A Mistreating Coworker

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sc222, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Sc222

Sc222 Junior IL'ite

I have the rare chance to provide 360 feedback (where a coworker can give positive and negative of another coworker if they are asked) to a coworker whom I have had a lot of stress dealing with her since she has joined. I work in the lab amd she provides data analysis as a bioinformatician. Her manager asked for feed back from everyone in my group. I have had to deal with her basically creating a hostile environment in her interactions, always having an air that she's right and other person is wrong, pointing out faults in a project without fully understanding it and making someone look bad so she can look good, and not being acountable for her own actions because she is busy passively trying to point to someone else wI thin weeks of joining. I have given the following points below. I really need her manager to see her toxic nature without sounding like I am whining. I have handled her enough and need other people on board to either nudge her out of this job into another role better suited for her. What are your thoughts on what I wrote below and how to say anything more, I need help with.

1. What can they do to be even more effective? There's a few things she can improve on and I think these will go a long way in making her and others more comfortable.
      1. She gets carried away in the small details of a conversation or comments and this is incredibly distracting to the other person speaking and explaining. It happened in some conversations I've been in with her and also seen in her interactions with others. It redirects the conversation into extra details and conversation can lose its focus into other non-critical details.
      2. She could improve on being cooperative as a few times. I've seen what I think she can be disrespectful at times in her interactions, she sometimes loses her cool on small things, so I would like to see her be more careful how she uses the tone in her voice when interacting with others as it rubs people and can affect a positive interaction (culture) and have more patience with people.
      3. She seems to be interested in lab side things more so than the rest of bioinformatics are. She has asked more detailed questions about protocols and lab organizational things than I am used to from Bioinformaticians. She either should have a chance to branch out other skills or maybe set to understand her role in Bioinformatics is not a lab-based role.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What is the pecking order: who among you is more senior or are you both on the same level?

3. Sc222

Sc222 Junior IL'ite

She is one level above.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

How do other people on your team feel about her? If everyone else is okay you might have a harder time especially since she is senior to you. Also if she is extremely good at what she does people are mor inclined to forgive behavioral issues.

5. Sc222

Sc222 Junior IL'ite

They all have different issues with her, maybe at different levels. I can honestly say they're not too happy with her. Even my manager, different from hers has expressed some frustrations dealing with her. I worked with her more than some others and my stress level and frustration was quite high, almost I got ill just being around her.