30 year old , planning to study MBA in India after a long break, ANY HOPE ??

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by burningsoul, Dec 12, 2011.

1. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

Thank You All...
    I havent thought before about teaching profession ..I guess its a good choice .Thanks for reminding me..

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Just check this link probably you could be eligible:

ICICI Business Leadership Programme

IFBI Eligibility Criteria - Diploma Courses in Banking and Finance | Post Graduate Diploma in Banking

Alternatively do some PG in science itself the opt for faculty/ teachers job and can slowly esclate

Some computer courses done on a short term may also fetch you job quickly than waiting to for completing your PG and while working you could do PG that will keep you occupied and once completed you will be confident enough to live a new life.

Wish you all success, May the almighty bless you in abundance and give you strength to face all the odds.

1 person likes this.
  3. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Dear BurningSoul,

You are only 30. You have a long way to go. Now, even in India age is not a factor. You may come across people who will try to pull you down by pointing out your age, but those will be few. You will also come across people who will laud your ability to come out of a bad personal relationship and start your life anew.

The age factor in India is not because 30+ is old, but because there are too many young people below 25. These people in their 20's intimidate the 30+ individuals due to their energy and youth. That is all, I am saying it with so much faith because I am myself 32, soon I will be 33. I have never had a career and been a homemaker till date. Now I am doing a course to get a job. I have arts background and no technical expertise except using the computer for my needs very well. My classmates in my course are 10 years younger than me and even have some kind of job experience(bpo etc.) Still I am hopeful. In fact being 32 has given me not only a mature perspective but also a very focused world-view.

Take your age as an asset and not as a negative factor. You are still very young, and you have a long way to go.

I would suggest this to you- do a short term course in a field based on your strengths, it could be IT or even finance(given your PO experience). Get a job and get work experience for 1-2 years and simultaneously keep looking into fields that might interest you for a long term career. Your previous work experience as a PO will be a very strong point in your resume.

I wish you all the best in life, please go ahead with your plans for future with full-confidence. Don't think of age, it is no longer the criteria to get a job. You will do very well in life. best wishes to you.

3 people like this.
  4. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Dear BurningSoul,
    Age is not a matter at all. Please take a positive approach and do not hesitate to enroll yourself for a course. If you are not too comfortable being a day scholar, you could pursue a distance learning course from a good institute. Since you have already worked in a bank, a course in banking and finance could be a good option. Drop your inhibitions and stay focused only on your personal goals and growth.

Good luck

1 person likes this.
  5. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

Thanks you all for your valid suggestions.it motivated me a lot ..