1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 Year Old Kids Activities Ideas And Foods.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Alyssum, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Hi, My kid Is three years old now. I need some ideas for engaging with kids. First I want to tell what are the activities going on..

1)She likes to coloring... Now a days she is trying to do within outline of pictures... That's the improvement I seen.she wants to do with sketch not in color pencil or crayons.

2)she likes to watch rhymes, dance and stories... But, I did mistake to watch on YouTube in mobile and TV. Now a days times are reducing to watch these things. I want to do change these things completely... Taking little by little efforts.

3)She likes animals and insects. Also she prefer to buy animal toys. One thing we understand she interests in pets and especially insects.

4)She plays with her toys like kitty, sheep, doggy with sounds, music and talking toys.

5)she always wants to play with water. So, I give her tumblers, spoons and bath tub with duckies she plays joyfully finally Hall full of water and I ended with angry.

6)when I'm enter in kitchen she also wants to do something with me. So, whenever I made Chappathi I give her dough and Chappathi making roller. She play with an hour with these things.

7)we sing together poems, stories and number 1-10.Read stories together. She identify animals, birds, vegtables, fruits names. Beads with thread.

We doing together these activities. Still Im feeling it's not enough... Becoz nowadays I 'm feel she wants to see rhymes in mobile. That's my big mistake... I'm only start this habit for 15mins...then my mils and fils start to watch together... Now, this problem you only starts like this.... I accept it I made mistake. Now, I want to change this habit. Help me to what are the ways to make her productive and interesting.

Coming June planning to starts school.

How to engage with her happily to do the activity?

Share your kids activities and ideas.

deepthyanoop likes this.

2. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Next Food.
    One thing, I'm happy with my mil and fil they always take out for food Feeding. Tell stories and feed it. Usually they feed her lunch or dinner. So, I did my works in kitchen fastly.
    Sometimes rhymes in mobile phone for food Feeding. I want to change this habit.

Problems! : One day she eats properly. Another 2-3 days not eat properly. That's a problem. She passes the pee and poo normally.

Also I want vegetarian food schedule for 3 years old kid.

deepthyanoop likes this.
  3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

You are doing fine dear. About screen time, it is a long battle I think. I am still struggling with my 6 year old. One thing I learnt is kids are always eager to do what their parents doing. If I am reading a book or drawing or painting, my son is also eager to do it. Try to do things with her that you enjoy,can be singing, dancing, drawing. Simple board games and puzzle solving are another good ideas.Another thing is make it a habit to tell a story before bedtime. You can ask her what she think that will happen next in the story and ask her to retell the story. Make it playful so that she enjoys doing it.A text rich environment is a good start to love books and stories.
    Regarding food,if she eats from all food groups( rice/ chapathi, dal/ pulses, milk/ curd, fruits and vegetables) no need to worry.Best wishes :)

Alyssum and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

you may add small gardening activity, digging in mud (my kid loved it), plant small plant/seeds, watering plants observing how they grow.
    observing small bugs, ants, creatures, birds, etc nature related stuff
    color chalks and scribbling on floor , try to draw some shapes.
    taking to park and learning to play with other kids by taking turns with swing, slides. Waiting in line patiently they learn.
    occasionally,
    taking to a pond, looking ducks, turtles, or taking to animal farms, or zoo if accessibility is there.
    Some parents join to swimming at that age, you can try few times to see how comfortable she is with water.

Alyssum and deepthyanoop like this.