1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3. What’s Stopping The Change? (what Got You Here Won’t Get You There)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by buddingleader, Feb 4, 2017.

1. buddingleader

buddingleader Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you all remember the fight I had with my husband last week since he pointed out my “shouting” behavior. To his surprise, I really started working on it. Even I am surprised with my change. If it’s this simple, then why wouldn’t everyone try? But there are few factors which would hold back people from changing themselves. Marshall clearly depicts the reasons in his book.

• I have succeeded – We strongly believe on the skills we possess and mark them as responsible for our success. We would love to talk only about the “Tales of Triumph”.
    • I can succeed – We tend to assume that since we were doing whatever we were doing, we have succeeded. We totally don’t realize the in spite of doing the wrong thing, we have succeeded.
    • I will succeed – We make a strong assumption that I will definitely succeed. I have all the skills to have the success crown. We become over-confident rather than being just confident.
    • I choose to succeed – We believe that since we choose to succeed, we will definitely achieve success. We enter into superstitious mode and probably we are magicians who can bring success.
    With all these assumptions in our tiny head, it’s difficult to set our mind to change our bad habits. It’s actually very difficult for us to even realize our bad behaviors. We submerge under the assumption that we are all good. But there is something that will make everyone to take that extra leap. As Marshall states “People will do something – including changing their behavior – only if it can be demonstrated that doing so is in their own interests as defined by their own values”. Let’s make a list of all the positives we will get by getting rid of a bad behavior. This will keep us motivated and make ourselves choose to get rid of our bad behavior. We do things with satisfaction only if we choose to do it. It will become just a duty if we are doing it for someone else’s sake. Meet you all soon with the next post. Until then, Bye!